Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Problems 2014 Mercedes E550

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 05:48 PM
Default Brake Problems 2014 Mercedes E550

I have a 2014 E550 Coupe that I purchased new in June, 2013. I have taken it to the dealer 3 times for the same problem with the brakes and now need to take it in for a fourth time for the same problem. They do not or cannot tell me what is causing the problem and all they do is replace the pads and rotors. Each time has been covered under warranty but the warranty will eventually expire and I do not want to have to pay to have parts replaced annually which is how often I have had to do this. The service adviser at Mercedes of Boerne, in Boerne TX (I live in San Antonio) told me when I was there last time that it was "a one time fix under warranty" which I did not agree to as they have to honor the warranty and their work.

I am putting together a formal complaint to Mercedes and that dealership but in the meantime, does anyone know what is causing the warping? Suggestions on what to do as the warranty will expire in about 8,000 more miles.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:39 AM

You don't really descibe your problem in enough detail in order for anyone to venture a guess. I'm going to assume that you are getting pulsation from the brake pedal when applying the brakes. Is this felt both at low and high speed? Do you drive in a lot of mountain terrain? Do you somehow get the brakes very hot? Is the problem in the front or rear brakes? Is the parking brake releasing all the way?

All of these things need to be known in order to diagnose your problem.

Old 12-27-2018, 03:06 PM
Default Brake problems with E550 Coupe

Originally Posted by ET2112
I have a 2014 E550 Coupe that I purchased new in June, 2013. I have taken it to the dealer 3 times for the same problem with the brakes and now need to take it in for a fourth time for the same problem. They do not or cannot tell me what is causing the problem and all they do is replace the pads and rotors. Each time has been covered under warranty but the warranty will eventually expire and I do not want to have to pay to have parts replaced annually which is how often I have had to do this. The service adviser at Mercedes of Boerne, in Boerne TX (I live in San Antonio) told me when I was there last time that it was "a one time fix under warranty" which I did not agree to as they have to honor the warranty and their work.

I am putting together a formal complaint to Mercedes and that dealership but in the meantime, does anyone know what is causing the warping? Suggestions on what to do as the warranty will expire in about 8,000 more miles.
i have had the same problem with mine. My brakes have been changed three (3) times during the first 40K miles. I have averaged a new set of brakes every 10K miles. The last time, the dealership charged me $1,300 to correct the issue. Prior to taking it to the dealership last time, I took it to a local place called EuroFix and they said my brakes were fine and I still had 80% of my pads, but when I had to brake quickly, it felt like it was metal on metal.
The dealership tried to tell me I was braking too hard and said I was going too fast before I stopped. I said I paid 100K for a car with power, and it should have the brakes to stop it.
I bought the extended warranty and they still charged me $1,300 to change it last time.
Let me know if you receive any replies.