Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

b service

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 11:55 PM
Default b service

How much is the b service? (I'm in northern CA) I'm getting close to 50,000 miles and want to know how much the service will be and what else I should be getting at 50,000 miles.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:28 AM
Banned
Default RE: b service

Should be A service a at 10 b at 20 a at 30 b at 40 a at 50,find an indie shop that will change your oil and filter with the proper mb spec oil and fleece filter,change the air filter,inspect the belt and hoses and brakes.Flush the power steering and brake system,flush the radiator.It is basically a glorified oil change.If you get to the bay area call these guys,great work fair prices and warrantied.
http://www.theworkshopmb.com/E-Class.htm
or ask around on mbworld.org or benzworld.org for a indie shop in your sac area.
ohlord
idea of some of the things done
http://www.geocities.com/mymercedesb...e_a_and_b.html

Old 01-31-2008, 12:51 AM

Ok thanks I was told by a couple of friends $1,000 at dealer for service B . Thanks I will do some more research for sacramento shops but I go to bay area at least twice a month to visit family so i guess i could get the car serviced while there.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:16 AM

Hi,

As Ohlord states the actual work done is extremely limited. Oil / filter change plus general look around. Any competent technician can do this. Of course MB technicians know where to look for oil leaks etc but any good tech should be able to do this work with no problem. This is how the dealers help offset their high marketing costs.

IMHO use genuine filters and oil since the ASSYST system relies on oil and filters of a known standard.

Only advantage in going to a genuine MB dealer is that you have an MB dealer stamp in the book and they look upon you more favorably when and if something goes wrong.

Likewise MB stamps are good when you come to sell the car but at 1000USD or whatever a go multiplied by several service visits any advantage here is soon offset....and who says MB will do the job any better.

stuart