Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Android Auto issue!? 2017 E Class

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2022, 08:02 AM
Default Android Auto issue!? 2017 E Class

I have a 2017 E300, recently had a engine service repair from dealership under CPO Warranty.

Ever since then my Android Auto never worked again. I tried different phones, new cables, everything.

Does the car software has to be reflashed?? I guess battery was probably disconnected when service was done.

I get the "Communication Error 8" code on all the Android phones I've used. I would love for this to work again. Thanks for any help!

Old 06-27-2022, 08:38 AM

Contact the dealer and let them know your concern. If something they did caused this issue then they should rectify it.

In the meantime, I would update your phone to the most current version of everything, and inquire about your vehicle's software. Ask if there needs to be a reset because of the disconnection from the battery.

Not a huge phone guy but Communication Error 8 usually indicates something wrong with either the software needing to be updated or there's inconsistency in data. Sometimes if your phone has a different time or date than what the car thinks it is, this issue could also occur. The reality of the matter is despite what the real problem is you need to bring it back to the dealer.

Old 06-28-2022, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by DFergusonMB
Contact the dealer and let them know your concern. If something they did caused this issue then they should rectify it.

In the meantime, I would update your phone to the most current version of everything, and inquire about your vehicle's software. Ask if there needs to be a reset because of the disconnection from the battery.

Not a huge phone guy but Communication Error 8 usually indicates something wrong with either the software needing to be updated or there's inconsistency in data. Sometimes if your phone has a different time or date than what the car thinks it is, this issue could also occur. The reality of the matter is despite what the real problem is you need to bring it back to the dealer.
Thanks!