Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

93 300E - Need help w/ wiring diagram for radio

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Default 93 300E - Need help w/ wiring diagram for radio

Hello all,

I just recently purchased my first Mercedes - a 1993 300E. So far I'm loving it, but I've run into one problem: the stereo. This car was one of the models that had the Becker radio w/ the control unit, amp, cd changer, etc. in the trunk. The current system is no longer working and I'm wanting to install an aftermarket stereo. I know it's a big job requiring some pretty extensive wiring, etc. and I'm fine with that, but the one thing I haven't been able to find is a decent wiring diagram for my car (I'd like to tap in to the existing speaker wires, radio power, etc.). I purchased the Mercedes Shop Manual software discs and have them installed and while they have a ton of information on my car, they don't seem to have a wiring diagram & neither does Becker. Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for this car? Is there anywhere online or perhaps even a book that might have it?

Thanks in advance,
Luke[/align]

Old 09-04-2009, 07:03 PM

I too am in need of said info., as I just bought a 92 te with a hole were the radio should be.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Default Radio Circuit

I have a
Mitchell on demand System CD.
OK, Here's what it states.

RED/WHT - HOT ALL THE TIME.

BLK/YEL - START OR RUN - POWER INPUT

GRY/BLU - ILLUMINATION - INT. LIGHT SYSTEM

BLUE - POWER ANTENNA

1 BLK - SPEAK - TAPS INTO GRY THAT TAPS INTO BLK LEFT FRONT SPEAKER - ALSO TAPS INTO BLK FOR LEFT SIDE REAR.

2 BLK/RED GOES TO GRY/BRN LEFT FRONT AND GOES TO BLK/YEL AND TAPS INTO GRN/BLK TO LEFT REAR

3 BLK - SPEAKER -RIGHT SIDE TAPS INTO BRN INTO BLK RIGHT FRONT SPEAKER AND ALSO BLK TO RIGHT REAR SPEAKER

4 BLK/GRN GOES TO BLK/RED THEN TO GRN/BLK RIGHT FRONT SPEAKER
THEN TO BLK THEN TO BRN RIGHT REAR SPEAKER

I THINK BLK IS POS. SIDE OF SPEAKER.

GROUND IS BROWN

Old 05-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Default Stereo rewiring

Below is a post I posted back in 11-08. Here it is again. Fyi my new stereo is a piece of crap. I need to replace it and will definitely spend much more, just so it works.

Hi all,
Thank you to all the posts that have helped me succeed in a bloody difficult replacement of the original sterio.I now have a Dual XDM6400BT sterio, with bluetooth support, (I now use my cell phone in the car - getting an external mic is critical), CD, Aux and USB connections. Brilliant! Cost $130.

I want to share what worked for me. I first want to say that getting rid of the fader switch on the middle consol was, I think, the best thing I have ever done on this car. The amount of coffee, water, and other strange things that seeped into that switch totally corroded the contacts. Getting rid of it probably increased the qualilty of sound more than anything else! I also highly recommend that you get a wiring diagram (not wiring chart) for your car. (I used a 1992 300E wiring diagram). I found a copy on this site from one of the posts. Sorry I can't remember where or who posted it, but thank youposter!

After much ripping out of trim and carpets I found that all but one speaker wire goes directly to the middle consol below the fader. The trick with my car was that in 3 or so cases, the speaker wire never came out of the wire casing (part of the car harness). The wires, I noticed looped back on themselves and disapear back into the wiring harness. By peeling away the wiring harnesses below the fader switch, I found all the speaker cables except for the Front Right Door (FRD). So I connected my new sterio speaker wires directly to these cables (with 3' extensions). From what I could figure out the FRD went directly back to the amp in the trunk. By using one of the now unused speaker wires that went from the amp to the fader switch, I was able to connect that up with the FRD wire,and sobring the FRD speaker back to the middle console ( I loopedthe FRD cablevia the trunk). Now I had all my speakers at the fader switch. I had the blue power antenna wire right at the new sterio. All I had to do was run the antenna cable from the sterio, along the passenger side and hooked it up the the antenna cable that originally went into the amp. Had to take out back seat and did a lot of poking around fishing for a path.

After a bunch of soldering and heat shrink tubing (love that stuff) and I was done. It took about 8 hours total. Ouch!! but clean fantastic job. If I did it again, knowing what I know now, it would probably take 5 to 6 hours. Hope this is helpful, Mark