Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

90' 300E 24v Sportline Elec Fault HELP HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 07:17 AM
Default 90' 300E 24v Sportline Elec Fault HELP HELP!!!!

HELP!!! My cars ABS light came on the other day and very shortly after it started to struggle tostart. When it did start it would struggle to idle and would not rev. Eventully turns out that the 10amp fuse that was part of the circuit for the idle regulatorwas blowing. My mechanic has had all the wiring out and can't seem to find the problem. Turns out the Alternator was knackered soinitially it was thought that should cure the problem but it now appears that it wasn't the fault [:@]

Has anyone ever seen this fault on there carthat can remember what it was or maybe suggest anything as both myself andmy mechanic are getting very frustrated and bill just keeps getting bigger !!!!!

PLEASE HELP !!!!!

Old 11-20-2007, 10:18 AM
Banned
Default RE: 90' 300E 24v Sportline Elec Fault HELP HELP!!!!

ABS and other lights will come on when voltage drops below a set low voltage point.Fuse blew on circuit so has that fused unit been checked as to why it blew the fuse?Voltage regulator fried?Did you check the alternator or did he just replace it to see if it would fix the problem.If you are pouring money into it to See what works then your mechanic needs to be changed next,to see if he is the problem.
ohlord
also post the problem on mbworld.org 300e section

Old 11-20-2007, 10:34 AM

He ran a diagnostic on the Alternator and did indeed find it knackered and he was indeed hoping that changing it would cure the problem. The problem though still annoyingly enough appears to be lingering like a bad smell. The mechanics in question are trustworthy and have worked on the car before, been around for years and also been highly recommended by friends who have also used them. Definitely not pouring money into as I don't have money to pour lol but I do intend to keep the car for as many years as she will live but i'm getting most frustrated at having no wheels and therefore looking for any help I can get

Old 12-02-2007, 03:11 PM

Just to let people know that the problem was in-fact the Alternator sending out electrical noise which had in turn damaged to OVP Relay and blown fuses. So just let you know if you have a problem similar then get your garage to do a diagnostic on the Alternator to make sure it is working ok.