Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

190e 2.6 won't run until warm

Old 12-31-2010, 09:17 PM
Default 190e 2.6 won't run until warm

Hi All,

Looking for help on a 1989 190e 2.6.

Bought the car cheap, replaced the head gasket ( was blowing white smoke). Finished head gasket and tried to start the car.

Using starting fluid it will run fine until the starting fluid runs out. Once the motor gets warm it will run but with very limited power.

If I use gasoline instead for starting fluid I can keep it running well with a steady stream of fuel into the intake.

I pulled the cold start valve hooked it up to the fuel distributor tried to start the car and got a great fuel spray/mist from the cold start injector.

Pulled the air flow metering valve (?) between the cold start injector and the intake. It opens fully when first starting the engine.

have new cap, rotor, wires and plugs.

Oh yeah, it still blows white smoke.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx
Tim

Old 01-04-2011, 02:29 AM

Hi TYpclguy,

1.Is the white smoke smells like burnt oil? excessive oil went missing?

*If so your needing to replace the piston rings+ camshaft and con rods bearings which is due to be replaced

2. Have you clean up your air intake system with carbon cleaner spray can?

*If you open up the throttle flap,you can see how much dirty brownish dirty carbon + oil building up inside. Use any carbon cleaner spray can to flush out the dirt inside (Do this with open air ventilated area because the spray will make the car flush out the old dirty carbon deposited inside into white smoke.

p/s: * Spray this after 10-15mins till the engine warms up+ this will solve your small vibration and loss of engine power without twitching any bolt,nut or screw on trying to make a perfect idling engine. Force it to start and rev up to 2k-3k for about 3-4minutes with full blast air condition if your equip with it. After all those... then you would notice the difference on the response of the engine The engine will purr and it be more silent than you had before .

* Im using the "Threebond Super engine conditioner"- I Make money a hell lot from it!! Google/ youtube it !

Good luck on trying and post us up the results!!

Rockerfella174