Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 Malfunction => hdlmp cornering

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 05:17 PM
Default 1 Malfunction => hdlmp cornering

Hello experts and other members

I havea 2004 E 320 T CDI Avantgarde. A few weeks ago I recieved this error message in the display. It comes and goes, but now it seems more constant.

Do I have to replace the hole headlight, or is it possible to repair this in a less expensive way? A new headlight and labor will cost me apx 2000 USD.

Apreciate all kind of help!

(hope u understand what i`m writing, my english isn`t very good)

Old 06-28-2008, 01:02 AM
Default RE: 1 Malfunction => hdlmp cornering

Not familiar with this code.
You say intermittent. Presumably only when you use the headlamps whilst driving at night.
Does your car have adaptive headlamps? i.e. additional lights that come on when cornering. I suspect it does.

Could be as simple as a bulb gone / a part corroded connection.
I certainly wouldn't pay 2000USD for a new unit until I understood exactly what was causing the problem.

Suggest you wait till someone with this feature replies or ring the dealer.
An SDS STAR Diagnostics Quick Check will quickly define what is wrong. Small charge. Agree cost upfront. Request printed report (so you know they have done it!)

Stuart

Old 07-02-2008, 02:39 PM

thx snanceki!
No, I have not additionals light - ie. foglights thats come on when cornering. I have bi-xenon, and the problem is in the headlight. I have been to a garage, and its seems to be a problem whit a servo motor inside the headlight. This motor is cornering the light left and right. The automatic up and down is working fine. I`ve been told that it can be a sensor thats broken, but no ones know for sure. I`m afraid I have to let the MB-garage fix it, even if it costs a fortune. But, still interested in replies to this tread, so please post if you know anything bot this problem.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:43 PM

Additional lights or movable projectors = the same concept.
Best way forward IMHO is...

A SDS STAR Diagnostics Quick Check will quickly define what is wrong. Small charge. Agree cost upfront. Request printed report (so you know they have done it!) BEFORE agreeing to proceed with the work unless you are prepared for a nasty (expensive) surprise.

Servo motor is the most likely fault since the sensor is the steering angle sensor common to other systems. However the fault on the servo motor may be simply a bad connection but MB will likely swap out the entire unit for QA reasons (at your expense!)

Stuart