Mercedes CLS Class CLS500 Coupe.

Keyless Go Alarm/Alert (bing, bing. bing . . .)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 12:38 PM
Default Keyless Go Alarm/Alert (bing, bing. bing . . .)

Dear Beloved CLS 500,

The key is in my pocket. There is nothing to worry about. You can shut up now.

Does anyone know how to disconnect this alarm?

Old 07-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Default RE: Keyless Go Alarm/Alert (bing, bing. bing . . .)

Bueller? Anyone? Bueller?

Old 07-10-2006, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

just fix it.

Old 07-16-2006, 09:00 PM

Can you be more specific? Do you know how to fix it?

Old 07-16-2006, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

the car is still under warranty.

take it to the dealer and let them read the fault code of a malfunctioning sensor.

either replace or fix.

Old 07-17-2006, 06:58 PM

My apologies, I should have been more specific. The binging noise does not happen under normal driving circumstances; there is nothing wrong with the car nor is there any malfunction. What I'm referring to is if I get out of the car after driving and happen to leave the driver side door open (while unloading luggage or throwing away trash or whatever) the pinging alarm is very annoying. I seem to remember the little alarm going off when I vacuumed the interior.

Thirty years ago I had a car with a seatbelt alarm I disliked (though I always wore my seatbelt), so I reached under the seat and disconnected the cable from its connection. I'm looking for the same kind of thing in this case (a cable or fuse or switch) that will disconnect an overambitious annoyance. Thanks.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:38 PM

My wife will be taking her CLS 500 in for sevice this Wednesday; paint chip and the brakes started making a sound like someone kicked a puppy.

She's also annoyed with the "don't forget your key" beeping, and will ask them to turn it off if possible. Will post what happens if they have a solution...

Old 08-09-2006, 09:25 PM

Okay. She took the car in and asked them to disable it. Story she got was "We can't. It's {some sort of} a liability issue." My imagination isn't up to the task of filling in the blanks on this one, as I can't see how the lack of a beep would make me any less responsible if I locked the key in the car.

From some googling, I've found that a few rare individuals have managed to talk their dealers into turning it off; most just insist they can't/won't do it. I also read that pressing one of the multi-function buttons on the left side of the steering wheel will shut the beeping up. Tried it and it worked on my wife's '06 CLS 500; I've also read that this trick doesn't work with some other MB keyless go implementations.

Seems that there is at least a preceived problem with this "don't forget your key" warning and the "headlights are still on" warning. A number of keyless go types have been conditioned by the former to ignore beeping when they exit the car, and have missed the later warning, only to return to a car with a drained battery.