Mercedes CLK Class Mercedes CLK350 and Mercedes CLK500 Coupes and Cabriolets.

Trans limp home mode - help please!!

Old 07-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Default Trans limp home mode - help please!!

my car has just gone into limp home mode on the transmission - is there a DIY way to reset it without going to the dealer (who is closed all weekend) ? ALso what might have caused it to go into limp mode to start with? Any help greatly received cos im worried about a big bill!!

Backgrounf info: Its a 2000year 320clk auto tiptronic, low mileage. Everything else is working fine, the engine is purring as normal and there are no fault messages on the speedo. It happened when the car was stationary on the driveway. I have only driven in once in the last month, but it has the high capacity battery and was not difficult to start at all. I have had messages about ABS and traction control being faulty before (every other month) but when i switch off and on again they go away (and they havent happened today).

Andrew

Old 07-03-2005, 01:09 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Trans limp home mode - help please!!

if some solenoid valve in EHA temporarily malfunctions or the ETC got some oil on it, it will unfortunately switch to limp home mode and only by deleting the fault that it can be functional again.