Mercedes CLK Class Mercedes CLK350 and Mercedes CLK500 Coupes and Cabriolets.

Service B

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 03:49 PM
Default Service B

Hi All:

Quick question, my 2005 CLK was due for Service B, I had my regular mechanic do the entire service B, change oil, do all the inspections etc etc.

The only thing is I cant get is the service warning light switched off, none of the Mercedes Benz centers here wont switch it off for me.

So what do I do, pay Mercedes $500 to have the Service B re-done?

Has anyone run into this problem before, I have just gotten rid of a 03 Jaguar S type, all service was included in the vehicle, I currently also own an 07 BMW 525 I, all service is included, on my previous 02 C240 all service was included, now on 05 CLK no service is included. I think this will be my last Mercedes, anyway anyone got any suggestions?

JJ

Old 10-26-2006, 01:33 PM
Default RE: Service B

Dude you can try this it works fine with my Merc C200K sports 02 model-My former MB mechanic showed me how to do this -
In your dash using the scroll arrows and menu guide call up the display for total mileage - so as this display is the default setting - then scroll thru the menu until you find the display for service A/B once this display is showing in the dash press the small reset button - the display will ask the question do you want to reset the service miles -obviously answer yes - job done. NO need to take to MB or use a laptop to clear down the mileage setting.

Best of luck

Old 11-27-2006, 03:15 AM
Default RE: Service B

The method is also listed in your manual. Now if we could just figure out where the oil dipstick tube is?????