Mercedes CLK Class Mercedes CLK350 and Mercedes CLK500 Coupes and Cabriolets.

Hello forum...could you help me play with my new CLK55 AMG?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 08:27 PM
Default Hello forum...could you help me play with my new CLK55 AMG?

Well, it's new to me, anyway. It's a 2005 with 27,500 miles, in absolutely perfect, apparently garaged, condition. Did I do OK for $29,9?

I totally love it, although I really was looking for something...well, sportier, and "snarlier," I couldn't pass it up after I drove one. There wasn't much else out there I was very interested in, and it's obviously a really awesome car.

Anyway, I hate something really bad about this car: ESP. And it's not like you can just turn it off. It turns itself back on...

Is there a way to either make the default position off, or simply disable it altogether, without adversely affecting the other functions of the computer?

Also, I would like to tease the last few HP out of the beast that are available. Any advice about which performance chip to get, maybe other "easy" mods that will put it nearer 400HP?

I have to be careful that anything I do is either not visible, or easily reversed - as the factory warranty was out, and to get a really good extended/aftermarket warranty out to 5 yrs and 100k miles, I had to spend $5k, and it very specifically excludes much significant coverage in case of mechanical failure if there are performance mods.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Clay