Mercedes CLK Class Mercedes CLK350 and Mercedes CLK500 Coupes and Cabriolets.

AC Controls failed when Mother in law got in

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 08:07 AM
Unhappy AC Controls failed when Mother in law got in

OK Here is what I have going on. When I start the car 430 CLK the blower indicator was blowing 50% I tried to increase it by pushing the appropriate buttons and it would not increase I then tried to lower :-( and it lowed it, bad idea. I could not get it back to go up. Turn off and restarted several times, pushing buttons. Now I think I have a CODE issue. This is what works
1. My Defroster, light comes on and blows high, don't need it when it is 99 degrees.
2. Rear defroster light will come on.
3. No other lights

What won't work
1. No light on AC control - non responsive
2. No temperature reading

3. NO EC light indicator
4. No Recirculating indicator

TWO Options
1 Defrost mode or two OFF indicators.
2. Check # 25 fuse OK for blower motor which figures since defroster blower works. Yet is there another fuse I can't find?
3. Tried to reset codes and all I get is a "1" displayed on the left side and another three digit number on the right side. I think it is a temperature reading since it read 131 and changed as the blower was working.
Tried this several times Could not get to an error code. Turning the key to the second position and pushing the EC and REST button at the same time?
Any help would be appreciated since it will be 100 + here in a few days.
Thanks

Old 04-22-2019, 02:25 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum! What scan tool were you using to read and reset the error codes? What were the actual codes that came up? Code P0131 is for the O2 sensor.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:12 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Hello and welcome to the forum! What scan tool were you using to read and reset the error codes? What were the actual codes that came up? Code P0131 is for the O2 sensor.
I tried the RESET and EC button procedure but could not get any codes to appear Just a numeric 1 on the left side of the display and a moving temperature read out I think on the right side. Tried several times.
The last two hours I was running a Carsoft MB I I diagnostic tool, auto and manual diagnostics on all systems and just AC but didn't result in anything.
Now for some reason while hooked up my gauges started to jump and make static sounds over my turned off radio. Pulled the plug. Car won't start now. Have no idea what caused that?

Tried diagnostic again no errors but something is amiss ...Like a cooked control module for one.
back to square one

Last edited by Arizona; 04-22-2019 at 08:13 PM. Reason: wrong acronym