Mercedes CLK Class Mercedes CLK350 and Mercedes CLK500 Coupes and Cabriolets.

06 CLK 350 - electronics failure when driving, key will not turn

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2020, 08:38 AM
Unhappy 06 CLK 350 - electronics failure when driving, key will not turn

When driving home today, my steering wheel shifted to the full up position, dashboard went mainly dead other than showing outside temp (No speedometer, Tach, fuel gauge), blinkers stopped working, AC stopped working, seat controls stopped working. Window controls worked and hazard lights worked. Upon arriving home and stopping the car fully, the car turned off and I coasted up the driveway. I had trouble turning the key when trying to restart. After several attempts to unlock the car with the key fob to get some response, it finally acted like it was unlocking, and then I could start the car. At this point everything began working again, but there is not a check engine light on. Anyone have insight into what this might be before I risk driving it to the shop?

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-24-2020, 04:10 PM

You may wanna check your battery terminals, and make sure you have good contacts and your battery is fully charged. I couldn't get the key fob to turn when battery went dead.

Old 09-15-2022, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by scottieatx
When driving home today, my steering wheel shifted to the full up position, dashboard went mainly dead other than showing outside temp (No speedometer, Tach, fuel gauge), blinkers stopped working, AC stopped working, seat controls stopped working. Window controls worked and hazard lights worked. Upon arriving home and stopping the car fully, the car turned off and I coasted up the driveway. I had trouble turning the key when trying to restart. After several attempts to unlock the car with the key fob to get some response, it finally acted like it was unlocking, and then I could start the car. At this point everything began working again, but there is not a check engine light on. Anyone have insight into what this might be before I risk driving it to the shop?

Thanks in advance!
I have recently had this exact same issue in my CLK500 Convertible. Would love to know if anyone has any insights.
Thanks!