Mercedes CL Class Mercedes CL500 and Mercedes CL600 Coupes.

Rear right end vibration

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Unhappy Rear right end vibration

Hi, all MB lovers!

Good morning!

For a couple of days I was mechanic shop and checked up my 2002 CL500 Sport Package, I was on my car and was jacked up on the lift and I ran engine with the gear Drive position and mechanic watched and check up under my car. Here's symthoms as follows;
1. the rear right wheel strongly vibration up and down when acceleration speed
2. Take off the rear right wheel and acceleration speed: there was no vibration any of drivetrain
3. Mechanic checked the rear right wheel/tire balance: it's normal.
4. Same vibration occur again when the wheel attached again.
5. The right rear shockabsorbe was no any oil or gas leaks when it's checked up.

In fact, I spent more than $5000 to fix this problem but still nothing has been changed yet. I love my car but now I am feeling so tired. Please see above and any advise me. Thanks and have a nice day.

Paul Kim

Old 03-13-2009, 06:18 PM

Find another mechanic. IF he took the wheel off and the vibration disappeared, the cause has been isolated to the wheel. Checking the wheel balance doesn't mean anything. Look at the wheel when it's turning. If it's out of round slightly, you can balance it out on a tire/wheel balancer but when mounted to the car, it will bounce and wobble.
I see your problems and complaints about your car and I don't see them as anything abnormal. A knowledgeable and HONEST Mercedes-trained mechanic should be able to fix them all. Finding a mechanic with Integrity is difficult in these challenging times.
Where are you, anyway?

Old 03-15-2009, 07:24 PM
Default Vibration

Hello!

Thanks a lot for your advises!!!

For your information, I've been checked the wheel balances and tires many times but it's all the time normal, also wheel has good condition. I'll check it up again as your advised.

One of MB masters who is the senior member of this forum advised me that the problem is "Emergency brake" which is too tight. Also I am going to check it up.

Hopefully this helps and cure this sympthom. Thanks a lot again and have a good weekend.

P.S: I am living in Los Angeles nearby Korea town.

Paul