Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Windshield wiper

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 03:19 AM
Default Windshield wiper

I recentlygot my c200 kompressor serviced. At the occation i remarked on e message in the control panel, "1 malfunction, Light sensor". Since the car was bought half a year ago, and with additional warranty (Hedin Warranty, 1 year), Iwas informedthat thisshould be a warranty repair. The workshop first exchanged the rain sensor, but found out this was not the reason. Then they exchanged the automatic light sensor. The message was still there. We agreed to go on to analyse what was the real problem. Still this was considered a warranty issue.
When icame back for my car, I was informed that they har discovered the problem,low voltage from battery. But this was not a warranty issue, whyI had to pay for examination and a new battery. This is in conflict with the customer protection law in Sweden, since noone had informed me about any costs. I still believedthis shoud be a warranty issue, but batteries wasexcluded from warranty. To get my car I had to pay , butcost was reduced slightly. The regulation is actually that when you leave a car to beserviced, yuo shall be informed of the expected cost± 15%, when over 1000 SKr. Further more, no proof was presented that the battery was in poor condition, only low voltage. A recharge of the battery might have been ok.
After testing the car I noticed twoproblems: The speed of the wind shieldwiper intermittent step (first choise) is far to low forlight rain. My old MB 1988 200, with fixedinterval,works better. Is there a possibility to change the timeinterval för the wipers?
The secon problem I noticed is that the heated seat at drvers seat is not functioning as well as for passenger seat.The heat in the back support seems ok both passenger and driver. Could this be the reason for draining the battery, causing low level, which gives the low voltageindicating light sensor malfunction? If so I can make acomplaint on the previous service.