Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrading to Bi-Xenon headlights...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Default Upgrading to Bi-Xenon headlights...

I have a 2005 C230 Sport Sedan Kompressor. When I bought the car I did not purchase the Lighting Package which has Bi-Xenon headlights. Does anyone know how I can upgrade to Bi-Xenon headlights? If so, what are the problems that I might be facing if I get the upgrade? Thanks for your help.

Old 09-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Default RE: Upgrading to Bi-Xenon headlights...

It is definitely possible to upgrade to bi xenons, even if the car didn't come with bix from factory. The two things you must be aware of are:

* you will need to get your car reprogrammed through Stardiagnose (xenons must be set to present). Without this reprogramming, the bix will only flicker.
* you will NOT be able to use the auto level system that comes with the bi xenons, simply because the halogen equipped cars don't have the necessary hardware to support this. This is no problem, though, as you will still be able to aim the beams manually.

If you want to know where you can find a set of bi xenons for your W203 sedan, you can send me a PM/email.

greetingz,

BigSis

Old 09-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Default RE: Upgrading to Bi-Xenon headlights...

Hi,
I purchased a 2006 C 230, but could not get the Bi-Xenon option, I would like to know where i can get an Upgrade to Bi Xenon. My E-mail vvrags1@yahoo.com. Thank you.

PS: I replaced my bulbs with Sylvania silverstars and they are pretty good, the only problem is that, Sylvania does not have a replacement for parking lights. So my low beam, high beam are all bright white and my parking lights are yellow. I'm still asking for suggetions on what i could do about the parking lights.If they can somehow be replaced, then i could skip the Bi-Xenon option.