Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbonator? Has anyone purchased one

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Default Turbonator? Has anyone purchased one

devices I see advertized on the board. I read most of the ad, but does it really work. It makes sense, as far as the "vortex" process, to me anyway. But I'm not and engineer. thanks and keep on benz'ing

Old 07-12-2005, 06:40 PM
Default RE: Turbonator? Has anyone purchased one

Not no, but HELL NO!

They're sold on this board? Geez. Rip off artists sponsor this board?

Old 07-12-2005, 06:48 PM

I saw a right hand side ad on the board for turbonator and as I said the idea makes sense, but I agree with you, ( Yes for a change) and your assessment. I don't blame the board as the sponsor is responsible for what they advertize and the forum gets paid, and there is a disclaimer, which all boards have. But I see these ad on TV, now the local Auto Zone carries them. Thanks Lugnut, I trust your judgement and wisdom.

Old 07-12-2005, 07:03 PM

I don't see the ad. Was it one of the automatic Google ads?

Doesn't matter. Don't waste your money. It would be better spent if you just sent it to me.

Old 07-12-2005, 07:14 PM

No I wouldn't buy one, just curious if anyone had and if it did anything at all? My ram air is ready to be reinstalled with a longer pipe, for mounting purposes, the original worked well IMHO, but it is going to be a few weeks plus. Got to go to the DR Thursday, I had a cardiac "event" Saturday, so I need to see my regular doctor for evaluation.

Old 07-12-2005, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator

the "vortex" process
on earlier models (80's), they also use the term "cyclone" on the air intake pipe just before the air filter. but that purpose is to collect the dust on the reed valve located below it.

in my understanding, the "vortex" inside the mixing chamber (cylinder) can make advantage as what that indian inventor did. THIS is him

Old 07-13-2005, 12:56 AM

I didn't read the entire article on Singh--it's too long. What I thought I caught is that he creates turbulence in the combustion chamber to more evenly distribute the air/fuel mixture, not a vortex in the intake.

The Turbonator is like the old Tornado, but with an electric fan in front of it that looks like it came out of a PC. Although the vortex concept is sound, these ripoff products do nothing to create a vortex beyond an inch or two behind them. In fact, they impeded airflow and ultimately cause turbulence in the intake. This is a bad thing. It's the kind of stupid part the factory may install and we would remove. This all reminds me of the con artists that sell radar jammers.

I can't believe these clowns are still on the street selling these products instead of cleaning toilets in some prison.

Old 07-13-2005, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator

he called it squish. i was already confused on so many terminologies on automobile...and now he adds another one.

so Allan did you bought that turbonator?
is this the reason why you go for cardiac evaluation?

Old 07-13-2005, 11:11 AM

No I didn't I was interested if anyone every did and if it worked, No the heart problems are from I don't know where or from. But I find out today and tomorrow.

You memtioned Indian, are you referring to the Inidan motorcycle, which was built in the next town to me Springfield, Ma. There was a museum at the orginial site of the factory, but when the brand was bought by a California company and they sold new indians for a while, they also closed the museum and moved it somewhere else. But as we know Indian is no defunct again.

Old 07-13-2005, 11:51 AM

Singh is from India. He's Indian. He may drive a motorcycle. Who knows?

Quick Reply: Turbonator? Has anyone purchased one