Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Thinking of Mercedes... C230... Or do I go with AUDI?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Default RE: Thinking of Mercedes... C230... Or do I go with AUDI?

ORIGINAL: PolishPat

i just got in a 3-way race with an Audi A4 and Scion tC. While they scion was left behind, i beat the A4 by a full car length. Therefore the c230 is quicker!!!! Understandable that the Audi has 4 wheel drive, but the c230k has a feature to put your car into winter driving mode which makes the car run better in icy conditions.

Winner : C230K

what audi was it???
..also what kind of mods you have on your car??

Old 07-30-2006, 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: ONeska1785

PolishPat..you're right about that..its called ESP...but thats pointless..because all it does is warn you when the roads are slippery ..it flashes to tell you its slippery ...and yeah it uses the brakes differently...noo i dont trust that.. well a blind person would knw that its slippery..u still dont have control over your car u r still gonna fly off of the road.. not with the audi u dont need to b told that its slippery out there..Audis are one of the safest cars in snow. .in fact... well wait first of all lol the scion had no business racing wit u guys lol... he-she shouldn even bother racing an audi and a benz lol...thats like a ferrari racinga honda....that must have been som big idiot right there. I raced a BMW M3..and I beat HIM! with my Stock Audi A4.... see you cant always just look at HP... for instance... if you give a grandma a ferrari...and you drive a Oh i donno... c230? who do you think is gonna win? I mean if the driver sucks he-she can have 500HP and they are not gonna beat you. And that was just luck,,, it really depends... especially if the Audi was automatic... thats just a waste of money gettin an Automatic or tiptronic audi... or any car you just have so much more control when you drive stick. But i guess my point was with my previous comment..it sounds like he wants some german cheap and som he can play around with... audis are not cheap unless its the 98...or less than 2000 model.. neither are benzs... nor are they cheap to be fixed....his best bet would be a VW... small fast cheap tunable ( lol i dont even knw if tunable is a word but thats ok ) Dont you think he'd be better of with a VW or an Audi? last choice should be benz..dont get me wrong i love my c240 but u knw. thats more for relaxed drivers lol.. u knw... when u get a nice fast car and u get all into tuning it and racing and all that good stuff...at some point u get over that and u just get a benz... and i think the one guy was sayin that theres so many benzs out there wit diff engines and diff HP and all that.. better not to mess with it. Again just my opinion...but congrats on beating those cars lol
i recently sold a VW GTI with a 1.8 Turbo engine 5-speed, its a great car, didnt have any problems with it at all. Plus 1.8T engine has a great tuning potential. But still, i would take quattro over anything anyday!!! SO YOU MAKE THE CHOICE. depending on your available funds.............oh and another thing i want to add is that any car can be a great everyday driver as long as you take proper care of it!!

Cheers!!

Old 08-01-2006, 12:48 AM

yeah thats what i was sayoin vov its a great car benz isn all that in the snow or rain... I dont know... i still think it matters whos driving and if its manual or auto transmission...