Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

So i hit a dog in my 06 c230

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: So i hit a dog in my 06 c230

Don't lie to someone when selling a car. Cause some that person may have seen the car when it was wrecked. I have a perfect example I live in a small town in western Maryland about 75 miles west of DC. S guy in town had a 450sel 6.9 well he somehow tore a hole in the side of the driver side rear door. Well a year later he was at the Carlisle PA swap meet (www.carsatcarlisle.com) selling this car as never wrecked. Well long story short I confronted him on it and he had nothing to say. Moral of the story you never know what other might know.

Old 01-31-2006, 05:08 PM

That wasn't my advice. There is nothing wrong with ignorance IMO. You will NEVER hear a new or used car sales person say a car on their lot has been hit. Saying the bumper was replaced due to some strange occurance that caused the bumper to crack is far more information than any of these people would offer up. You musn't know that 1/10 of NEW cars have suffered some sort of damage before delivery to their new and unsuspecting owners. That is a true fact, and I know of 2 body shops in my city that repair new vehicles before delivery. They do such premium work, exact to the manufacture, therefore even the best techs cannot tell the car has ever had work. My best advice would be to take it to one of these shops, to ensure no problems down the road with regards to the mechanical integrity of the car, and as well as resale value when you want to get rid of it. I'm not sure how it works where you're from, but in Alberta, most light accidents that have no impact on the title of a car, are not reported or recorded anywhere except with your insurance company (if you go that route), the local police dept that issued the damage sticker and the body shop that fixed it. It's not possible for anyone to gather information from these sources as it is deemed private and confidential.

Old 01-31-2006, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah I know that also my point is that some might have seen the car in between the accident and the car being fixed and it might not be the best idea to try to pawn off hitting dog as a bumper crack if it smashed the radiator. When i go to look at a used car i craml under it and look for makes from a frame/body pull. Inner structure damnage. And a used or new car dealer is completely different i don't expect any honestly from them at all. And i know people that repair new car paint also their work is A+ and they charge a large price for it cause it is almost factory.