Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Servicing Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 06:11 PM
Default Servicing Question

Hello,

I have a slight problem - hoping someone can help me out.

I am currently leasing a 2005 2-door c230 Kompressor with about 31,800 KM on it.

For the first service (Service A), I got a friend to change the oil and saved a bundle rather than going to the dealership.

Now I need to go for Service B, and my friend isn't around anymore so I called up the dealership and they want $550 CDN for an oil change and filter changes. Naturally I don't want to pay that much so I'm wondering how important is it to get the filters changed if they never have been changed? They said I can just do the oil change, but if I don't do the full service it *MIGHT* void my warranty. Is my car gonna explode if I don't change all these filters?

Thanks in advance - i appreciate it!

Old 10-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Servicing Question

Most likely in the long run, it won't last nearly as long. Without an oil filter change, the new oil insn't able to circulate and lubricate moving parts as well. That causes heat and heat causes friction. More friction causes more damage. Your best bet is finding someone who would know where the oil filter is, and then have them teach you how to do it. Besides the oil filter, I'm sure there are others as well. It might be best to know what's being done in the service, then researching how to change what's being done (example: power steering fluids, filters, tranny fluid, etc)

Old 10-24-2006, 06:33 PM
Default RE: Servicing Question

thanks so much for your reply...

i've been browsing the forums as there seem to be a lot of questions on the topic!

i think i might just bite the bullet and go to the dealer - seems like a lot of hassle to get all the parts myself, figure out what goes where, finding an alternate source to change the oil, and any other fluids, etc. etc.

i'm not happy it costs $550 though - not happy at all! [:'(]