Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service question

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Default Service question

Hello. I purchased my first Benz about a week ago, a black 02' C240 with 17,000 miles on the clock. Looking at the service booklet, the original owner (an elderly lady) had the carserviced three times in the first 12,000 miles.Two service A's, and one service B.The dash says that the next service needed is the A and is due in 8800 miles.Beinga new owner, I was hoping to get some insight into what these two services usually entail andcost on average.Just curious so I don't have a heart attack when picking it up fromgetting serviced. Is it better to take it back to the dealership or seek out a reputable import shop? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
Roger

Old 05-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Default RE: Service question

Service A is another way of saying "$200 oil change". They change the oil and LOOK at other stuff. Other shops can change the
oil and filter and look at things for less. Just depends on how you feel about it. Just be sure they know how to reset the interval
indicator wherever you take it. You don't want to have to go back to the dealer with your tail between your legs and beg them to
reset it. They may not. Or somebody here can post the procedure for you for your particular year and model car if it hasn't been
posted already. Service B is more comprehensive (read: more expensive) and can run several hundred bucks. Independent shops
can do this as well. There's no magic to these except you get to help pay for all those ferns in the showroom. Lucky you. Wishing
you good luck with your car.

Old 05-17-2008, 11:09 PM
Default RE: Service question

Sounds like you got a well serviced car-(thank God for little old ladies who don't believe the 13K oil change bull****). Read the owner's manual and it will tell you what is covered in the A and B services.

Best of luck!

Will