Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Service/loaner vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 03:37 PM
Default Service/loaner vehicles

Just a general question for everyone....

When you take your car in for service, what kind of loaner vehicle does the dealer provide? I'm in my first Mercedes, having purchased it in December 2005, and just took my car in today for Service A. As a loaner car, I was presented with a Toyota Camry with 40,000 miles on it that has been beaten to hell and back. My dealer - McGeorge Mercedes in Richmond, Virginia - has a fleet of them for service as loaner vehicles. To put it mildly, I'm not impressed. Is this common place in the dealer network?

I have previously owned an Audi and an Acura, and was always given a loaner vehicle - at the very least - comparable to my own. I know Lexus adopts the same approach.

Thanks!

Old 09-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Default RE: Service/loaner vehicles

There is no policy that a Mercedes dealer give you a loaner. That all depends on the dealer. I have two C class cars and Rusnak Mercedes my dealer gives me a C or E class as a loaner and that all depends if they have anymore availalble if not they give me a rental.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:34 PM

TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

Whether you know it or not, you're paying for the "free" loaner. They just factor the cost into service charges; and they'll either get you today or they'll get you tomorrow. I'd rather end up being dinged for a workable if not impressive loaner than pay in part for a second mercedes. For the one to two days a year I'm having service, it's not a significant discrimminator.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:37 PM

I agree with the previous post, there is no official-across-the-board policy. My thought is...that if your Mercedes is in the shop and you have a loaner that is substandard to what you're used to driving...then you would become more motivated to pay for the service and retrieve your mercedes-benz from the shop...on time! Don't assume that because your vehicle is a Mercedes-Benz, that the shop is going to drop their drawers and kiss your hinny! You impress them by paying for your vehicle...and over time, maybe they will give you someting comparable to what you drive on a daily basis, JMHO! Hope it helps!

Old 09-25-2006, 11:41 PM

dude mcgeorge gave me a 2006 c230 that was new while my car was in the shop. it was a lot nicer than my car. i guess they just dont like u. just be nice to bobinsky.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:04 AM

And then, again...sometimes the opposite is the employed. Give you something nicer than your vehicle to make you become disgruntled or dissatisfied your current vehicle, so as to cause you to upgrade to something newer and/or nicer!

Where do you draw the line...how much can you stand?

They'll provide you as much as you can buy! If that was the scenario...but think about it...hmmmmm!

Old 09-26-2006, 12:07 AM

well the guy there knows that i cant afford a new car espically since i just bought mine like 4 months ago and spent nearly all my money on it.

Old 09-28-2006, 05:46 PM

When I used to go to the dealer where I bought my new Benz, I used to get a Benz loaner. That dealer moved too far from me.
Now, when I go to another dealer close by, I get a Ford.

Old 09-29-2006, 04:08 AM

Whenever I get a loaner car from my mb dealership, it would usually be a Lexus RX 330 for some strange reason. I never actually gotten a benz as a loaner car...

Old 10-01-2006, 01:32 AM

I remember getting a loaner and I'll tell ya, it rode like crap! It was hard...felt a tin can and rode like I was on stone wheels or bricks. It was the pits! I won't say what model it was, but one thing is for sure, it was generic as all get out!

Quick Reply: Service/loaner vehicles