Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

SAVED by my extended warranty....again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Default SAVED by my extended warranty....again!!!

Just got my 95,000 mi. 2005 C230K sedan back from Mercedes dealership. Yeah, I know. I drive my car a lot. OK.
Knowing that I have a 100k extended warranty, I thought one last visit (I hope) would solve my squeaky AC/heater
blower motor once and for all. They put in a new motor, etc. this time (reluctantly) and it took care of it. Previously, they
told me they couldn't hear anything, it wasn't the motor, blah blah blah, you know the game. Of course, that was it. OK.
While the car was there, they replaced the motor mounts on both sides of the engine which made a HUGE difference in
vibration with the car idling AND on the road. I didn't even know what was causing it, since last visit they told me it was
"normal" for a C230K. Right. It wasn't. They also replaced the alternator for a noise that I can't even describe adequately, except it was a huge roaring noise that sounded like large rocks inside a barrel. They said the "clutch" on the alternator
was bad, so they replaced the whole thing. I had no idea there was a clutch of any kind on the alternator like the one on an air conditioning compressor. No idea. But, the noise went away entirely and once again, all of that two days worth of labor and parts paid for itself once again. That extended warranty/no deductible was the best thing I ever bought for it. Imagine the bill on this one. My total cost for this repair: ZERO. Yessssssss!!!!!!!! Remember, I'm the guy whose supercharger failed some time ago and they had to put a new one on as well. They told me that job would have cost me over 3K. Nice, huh.

Old 06-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Default RE: SAVED by my extended warranty....again!!!

Score one for the good guys! Congrats. I'm buying a C230 and I'm getting all the warranty I can on it. God bless German cars.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:51 AM

Extended warranties are usually a rip-off but the MB one usually pays for itself if you are not a DIY repairer. Mine paid for itself multiple times and I am so gladI bought it. It gives you some sense of security when you go into the stealership for service. When they come back with the outrageous bill for things they found, you just let MB and the dealer fight it outto see who is going to screw the other guy worse. You have to check the coverage though. Many are starting to exclude lots of stuff.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:01 AM

Hello, where did you buy your extended warranty? for how much?,, thanks

Old 06-30-2007, 02:13 AM

My extended warranty was purchased WITH the car new when I bought it from the dealership.
100,000mi./no deductible/take it to any dealership for repairs/covers just about everything.
The thing has paid for itself over and over. Car now has 95,000 miles on it and the radio just went out last night.
BACK to the dealership. Again. [:@]