Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible New C300 Sedan Owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 03:50 AM
Default Possible New C300 Sedan Owner

Hey im new to this forum. Im actually a moderator at superhonda.com.

Im planning to get a the 08 MB C-Class Sport but really want to ask some questions. I have been an automotive tech for a few years and never really like working on MB cars but I want to know from a owners perspective if your car has given you problems after a few years of driven? Is it just a myth or is it true that reliability and dependability is not always there.

Please give some feedback on this, I really like the car but dont want to deal with the hassles. Based on review it did say it is better the recent years but id still like some opinions.

Thanks

Old 10-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Default RE: Possible New C300 Sedan Owner

As an automotive tech, you know that any given car can be trouble-free or not. Right? OK. My C-class ('05) was certainly
not trouble-free, but does this mean your '08 would or would not also be? Can't say, right? It's a completely new car with
a different everything. Some people with my year and model car never had a problem, some did. I did. Would I buy the
'08? Probably. But I'd probably get the 350 just because I would want the extra power. 268hp or whatever it is isn't all that
much. The new Honda Accord with the V-6 has that much. The '08's are so new, I don't think there has been enough time
on them for the owners to really give it a good review. If you like the car, I wouldn't hesitate to get one. You have a new car
warranty, plus.....if you believe in them....you know the dealer-backed extended warranty. I know....I know....the extended
warrranty argument! But......consider this......the money I paid (reluctantly) at the time of purchase paid for itself THREE TIMES
OVER between 50K miles and 100K miles from problems I had the dealer fix. No charge. Well worth it in my humble opinion
IF you're gonna keep the car. Parts for most cars, as you know, these days......yikes. Hope this helps. Get what you want.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:55 PM

ORIGINAL: mrcoyote

As an automotive tech, you know that any given car can be trouble-free or not. Right? OK. My C-class ('05) was certainly
not trouble-free, but does this mean your '08 would or would not also be? Can't say, right? It's a completely new car with
a different everything. Some people with my year and model car never had a problem, some did. I did. Would I buy the
'08? Probably. But I'd probably get the 350 just because I would want the extra power. 268hp or whatever it is isn't all that
much. The new Honda Accord with the V-6 has that much. The '08's are so new, I don't think there has been enough time
on them for the owners to really give it a good review. If you like the car, I wouldn't hesitate to get one. You have a new car
warranty, plus.....if you believe in them....you know the dealer-backed extended warranty. I know....I know....the extended
warrranty argument! But......consider this......the money I paid (reluctantly) at the time of purchase paid for itself THREE TIMES
OVER between 50K miles and 100K miles from problems I had the dealer fix. No charge. Well worth it in my humble opinion
IF you're gonna keep the car. Parts for most cars, as you know, these days......yikes. Hope this helps. Get what you want.
True I was hoping to get some opinions on the previous two years hoping if things has been good the past two means its good now. Well no car is trouble free but theres a difference between normal wear/tear and problems. I was just doing research and so many sites has negativity so I wanted to see some opinions on here. For example I will keep up the maintenance on it with no problems even after warranty is up but just wanted to see if the quality concerns that ALOT of reviews say is true.

Ill stay away from the extended warranty. Powerwise I am not really looking for speed much anymore especially if I am looking at this car just looking for something that wont give me alot of problems other than the basic problems that do occur. Reviews I have seen included stufff like CEL light coming on and off all the time, many electrical issues, thoses are things im worried about mostly.

Old 10-04-2007, 02:03 PM

I have an '06 C230 Sport that has about 11k on it over 20 months, zero issues. Only been to the dealer once for the Service "A'.

Everything has worked perfectly thus far and I am quite pleased with the car. The 200hp is enough for me.

-Eric

Old 10-07-2007, 12:47 AM

I purchased my 08 C300 about a week ago, love it so far, I am in Florida right now at panama city, drove the car from bowling green ky and filled up when i left and once in alabama and plan to start the trip back on about a half a tank...love the car. Ive owned 4 BMW's , a 03 cobra, 2 corvettes, a camaro Z28, a jeep grand cherokee, a 4 runner,...all in the past 2 years. so i think ill keep this one for a while. its awesome ! would recommend.

Old 10-07-2007, 02:10 AM

thanks for the review on it everyone. I am still debating between the G35 sedan and the C300 at this point.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:20 PM

I own a 2000 Mercedes C280 Sport and it has 53,000 miles on it. So far i have had no problems and I have owned the car since June of 2007(High School Graduation gift). It went to the dealer only once and that was for the 50,000 mile service. The C class is a great car and I plan to trade up to a C350 in a few years.