Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no power when pressing the gas

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Default no power when pressing the gas

hi can anyone help c200 1999 when i press accelerator to pull away no power for a second then its there and it sometimes cuts out was told it was coil changed that made no difference havent changed the other cause i could keep going on and on been on computer showing no faults presume its something simple and electrical any ideas please ??????

Old 04-06-2009, 07:46 AM
Smile

hi mine is a 1994 c180 pulls back when you try to accelarate was told it was an injector problem only happens when cold though

Old 04-07-2009, 02:09 AM

Thank you

Old 04-17-2009, 02:41 AM

I have a 2002 C240 avantgarde and from day one ( brand new), this vehicle stalls for about 2 seconds on taking off at times. Am in Ghana and i would need some input for my mechanic to run some tests. Thanks!

Old 04-17-2009, 11:02 AM

1. Worn, faulty or incorrectly-gapped spark plugs,
2. Vacuum leak at the throttle body, inlet manifold or associated hoses,
3. Blocked injector/fuel injector system fault.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:20 AM

Try changing your fuel filter; with the recent gas shortages in the USA, especially the Southeast due to Hurricane’s, the nations fuel supply had gotten corrupted with bad “bottom of the holding tank” gas from a lot of distribution facilities... I changed mine out, the other day on my C-220. It’s pretty easy to do, simply jack-up and stabilize you car with jack stands, remove the passenger side back tire and you will see it under a black plastic protective cover. Even though there are 3 screws (they are up in the bigger holes in the protective cover, and I believe a 10mm socket with an extension is what you need to remove them) you only need to remove the two closest to you, as the plastic cover is pretty flexible. Next take the aluminum support assembly off the rubber brackets and it is right there to remove and replace, BTW have a bucket ready to catch the gas that runs out of your filter, (you will be amazed at how ditty it is, and in my case the little specks of grave and sediment the that filter caught were eye opening… Also I did not experience any additional fuel dripping from the supply lines when I removed this filter, as I did not remove the fuel pump during this process.

My car was experiencing a lot of the same issues as yours, as well as stalling pretty much every time I either stopped or slowed way down to turn at a light. However it is now running better than ever!

Old 04-18-2009, 11:09 AM

throttle position sensor usually a problem. under the hood. at the end of the throttle cable. thats the TPS. they can cause your issue. sometimes can cause a check engine light at times.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:14 PM

i had the same problem with mine c240. and it was from the pump! hope will help.

Old 04-18-2009, 05:34 PM

thank you everybody

Old 05-05-2009, 03:04 PM

My wife's '06 c280 is in right now for that very thing. She said that it's when she switches from braking around a corner/cloverleaf, to accelerating, there is a 1-2 second pause. She also said that if she lets off the accelerator, then back on, everything is okay.

I'll post what repairs the dealership makes (and I suppose if it fixed it or not).

Quick Reply: no power when pressing the gas