Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Ride with a new problem???

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Default New Ride with a new problem???

Hello everybody, this is my first post on this forum. Hopefully one of you have had a similiar issue as the one I am currently having. I have a 2006 C230WZ and I purchased it new in July. It has been a great car but recently it has been annoying as hell. For some reason it is squeaking. Almost every time I hit a small bump, crack, or surface change in the road I hear squeaking coming from the left side of the dash area. At first I thought it was just my keys hitting together but thats not it. Then I thought it was the coins in my ash tray but thats not it either. I can hear the high pitched squeak over the radio at times. It actually sounds more like a little bird chirp. I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of it, even to the point of spraying some silicon lube behind the dash and the window. That didn't work. I can't exactly pin point where it is coming from and it is really annoying the sh*t out of me. I'm ready to take it to the dealer and have them tear apart the dash, but I don't want to pay those crazy labor costs for something so simple as an annoying squeak. Anybody have any ideas??? Thanks in advance for your help.

-BlackWZ

Old 03-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Default RE: New Ride with a new problem???

Yes you have discovered the systemic problem. It's been narrowed down to a wiring harness bracket that actually is located behind the driver's side kick panel. I can't remember where, but somewhere on here someone addressed it and said it is easy fix. If your car is still under warranty I'd make the dealer fix it though. I have a 2007 C230SS and have the same little bird chirping sound. If you can find the discussion thread "Chirping noise in the dash" it should give you the info you need to do the job yourself. Welcome, congrats and good luck!

Old 03-08-2007, 02:19 PM

Thanks RJ, i did find that thread and I will check into that kick panel tonight and try to locate that chirping harness bracket. And yes my car is still under warranty but i'm one of those "do-it-yourself" type guys, and i'm too impatient to wait on a service call. It gets me into trouble sometimes, especially when I have more pieces left over after tearing things apart, but that's just me. I appreciate your help. This is a great forum!

[IMG]local://upfiles/20738/82AE5652D5394F279C747671D04CC407.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-08-2007, 04:12 PM

Hope that thread helps. Nice looking car. I'm typically a do it yourselfer as well but I figure hell, at $180/hr for labor I'll make them fix any little problem I can for free! I thought I was the only one who had the problem of parts mysteriously multiplying while removed from the car?????? Let me know how you make out with the mystery bird in the kick panel.