Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2010 C300 shift delay from Reverse to Drive

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Default New 2010 C300 shift delay from Reverse to Drive

I am a new owner of a C300 4matic vehicle, and have noticed a troubling delay when shifting into reverse and from reverse to drive. The car hesitates when i depress the accelerator for up to a second or a second and a half before engaging the engine. This can make for a dangerous situation, if you are trying to make a two-point turn and a car shows up unexpectedly. I was left with a couple of awkward pauses pulling such a maneuver the other day.

I took my car in(it has about 1,200 miles now), and the dealer said that they did a software update. It seems slightly better, but I am not convinced. It is certainly much less responsive than other vehicles I have had on this one dimension. I still love the car but this is creating a nagging feeling that something isn't right.

I have been reading then manuals' description of the comfort and sport modes, and wonder if the only way to get quicker ( non-delayed) acceleration is to use the spprt mode all the time. I think I notice a little bit of improvement when I switch into sprot mode while still in park (the salesman told me you can switch modes any time, but themanu clearly states that you should only switch while in park), but there is still some delay.

If I just need to live with it, I am fine with that. If this is not normal behavior, I want to get it fixed.

Thoughts? Any input appreciated!

Mkiz

Old 09-24-2010, 08:52 PM

there is a repair software flash for the trans....but it can be done incorrectly. supposed to be done with a cold car and do the software flash then shift from D to R several times at various differnt temps. and drive the car in certain gears for specified amouts of time. ive done a handful of them and they did correct the reverse delay problem. your other issue with the hesitation on acceleration issue might need a trans and engine flash too.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Default Delay in shifting to Reverse

I have a 2009 C300 Sport with the same delay problem when shifting into reverse. I don't have the problem when shifting back to drive. Last thursday I took it to the dealer for an A0 service and told them of the delay problem. They fixed the problem and there is no longer a perceptible delay in shifting into reverse.