Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Need help on HID

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 04:27 PM
Default Need help on HID

want to install some HID on my mercedes C320. Ive been lookin into them for a long time now, but the only problem is I see there are different models suc as, H1, H3 , H4, H7, 9006, 9007, and many other ones. I am confused and which I should buy. I want to have 8000K those bright blue ones on them. Please give me some adivce thanks in advance.

Old 09-27-2005, 04:29 PM
Default RE: Need help on HID

I plan to buy a kit to install it myself thanks in advance. O ya also are JDM products not good? Becuase I plan to buy JDM HID's..

Old 09-27-2005, 04:42 PM

Ok this is weird I am looking in m manuel for my car and I think I already had HID's.... But not sure it says on this chart in the book that I have.it says Low beam Halogen H7(55W) , also Low and hi beam* Bi Xenon. High beam H7(55W). Anyones I am unsure if these are HIDS that are able to support the 8000K blue blubs I want can soemoen confrim this for me and give me some adive thanks/.

Old 09-27-2005, 07:06 PM

All cars today have HID my 99 C280 has H1 for fog and high bean and H7 for low. Look in the manual and it tells you what goes where. Get Sylvania Silver Star, they are the best 55W HID i've used and I have night vision problems. It is possible that the high and low use the same bulb, but read again, usually H1 are mercedes choice for highes since 98 and up on C class anyway, Don't get any of these JDM 100 watts you see on eBay unless you want to rewire your lights or install heavier wire from the connector to a fuse or relay. Also, they real don't give any more light. What you want are the euro spec headlight lenses that's where the HID's shine ? a pun ???

Old 09-28-2005, 09:37 PM

You are right I checked my manuel and my low beam is Halogen H7. But I am unsure for my Highbeam because it just says H7 (55W). But I only plan to change my Low beam. I was looking on ebay and was thinking about getting these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1 I already asked the seller and he said these will work for mycar. But I am unsure now that you said I need to do many rewireing and what not. But I dont think I do. I thought all I need to do is change my bulbs. So would I need to change and do wiring with these bulbs? So are you also saying that even with new bulbs my car wont have those blinding lights I always see. What are these lense, would I need to replace my whole headlights to have these lenses.? How there is so much to know about HID. Anyways please give me some more info on how to make my lights shine. Thanks again

Old 09-28-2005, 10:06 PM

Let me give you some advice from experience with eBay bulbs sellers, DON'T buy, as these lights are cheap, cheap ORIENTAL JUNK and las1/4 the what a good Sylvania Silver Star will,. I bought a couple of sets of these eBay specials, one set blew up as soon as I turned on the light. Spring for the Sylvania Silver Stars and between stcok and silver star the lighting is 100 percent better.

Old 09-28-2005, 10:08 PM

If your car doesn't have Xenon lights, you cant just put Xenon bulbs in. The whole light fixture is different. The super blue bulbs they sell on ebay are not the same. The kits usually cost a few hundred bucks, and are a pain in the *** to install.

p.s. JDM stands for Japanese Domestic Market...usually a riceboy term for honda upgrades.

Old 09-28-2005, 10:20 PM

If your manual says you have halogen bulbs, then they aren't HID. The two are different.

The Sylvania Silver Stars is a halogen bulb. It's not HID.

Actually, most cars today use halogen bulbs, not HID, because of the expense of HID. It may be true to say most luxury cars use HID.

I'm just echoing what morph860 said.

Old 09-29-2005, 12:26 AM

Ok so now I am confused. I thought Halogen were considered to be HID, but I gues I am wrong. What are the difference from the two. Anways I guess I am back in square one. My goal is to make my low beam to be very bright with blue lights. I would need HID's I guess? This is what it says on my manuel

Low beam Halogen H7(55W)
Low and High beam* Bi-Xenon. ( im guessing I can use xenon lights as well?)

Is it possible to bright blue lights though Halogen. Well Anyways thanks for the adivce and where would you guys recommand from cheap HID's if the whole halogen doesnt work out thanks again.

Old 09-29-2005, 12:55 AM

you can buy those cheap blue bulbs from Pep Boys or something like that...but you cant put Xenon or HID bulbs into your halogen sockets...you'd need a whole new system wired into the car. I'd say maybe $400-600 for the kit, and about the same for installation

Quick Reply: Need help on HID