Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Need help finding a replacement toolkit for C320

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Default Need help finding a replacement toolkit for C320

Hey everyone, i'm new here to the mercedes forums, although i'm a regular on Club Lexus =p, my mother though owns a 2003 C320 and had to get her tires replaced, and well the shop stole her entire toolkit, adn fully deny it.. my mom has never even known she had a toolkit, and netiehr me or my dad touched it, but saw them take it out of the trunk when they went to take off her tire so... kind of a bummer. We talked to the supervisor/manager and he said he'd try to do what he could but he doubt he'd get it back -- so now we're looking to get a new toolkit, i checked the mbusa.com site but no luck.. any help on this??
thanks alot, and very nice forum + cars!

Scythe

Old 03-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Default RE: Need help finding a replacement toolkit for C320

Hello and welcome to the form. I would say either search places like Ebay or google search for Mercedes Parts. I would also suggest not calling the dealer and asking them because they will probibly charge you an arm and a leg. Also I would confront the shop who stole the tool kit and let them know what you saw.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:19 AM

I had my window sun-screen vanish from my car during a service, but having worked in a garage I know how easy it is to lose stuff from a customer's car. In my case they needed to remove the rear seat on which I had this blasted screen, they placed it against the wall and forgot it, and it was eventually taken somewhere else, no one remembering where it came from, and - well - who knows... My rule now is that whenever I take the car to be serviced - I take all my stuff out of it. The garage did make good on the loss btw - but a screen is an easy thing to buy.

In your case you might want to try a salvage yard. When I had my old 300SD and my wonderful 1975 230C I maintained them myself, and I had a good relationship with a couple of salvage years in San Jose CA. Especially the climate control on the 300SD, the magic box which controlled everything would die once every year or two and it cost the earth at the dealer, I found I could get a few of them from the yard and make a functional one out of the bits - tricky work too, like fixing a clock!

Which is probably one reason why it died so often!

Lawrence

Old 03-05-2008, 11:30 AM

I think the best option is to look for a junk yard. Most of the cars that are out in the junk yard, would still have the kit on them, Junk yard is the best location to look for that.
Thanks
Kenz