Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with c230 kompressor ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Default Need help with c230 kompressor ?

Ok I know there is alot of threads on this but none of them give any solid info.
I have a 2004 c230 kompressor w/6spd. I want to get 250hp out of this car is it possible.
1.who makes a pulley for the supercharger thats still availible
2. ecu who makes it anf what type of HP does it achieve.
3.Anyone make a cold air induction?
4.exhaust who makes it and is it worth the hassle.
5.Header does anyone make these I saw kleemann but dont know if they still make them.
I am having a very hard time finding parts for this car every time I go to a site that claims it has performance parts all I get is sway bars and 15 types of brakes. Can anyone recommend a site that has C230 sedan parts? I dont know why so little aftermarket is availible for this car. Any car w/forced induction should have alot of aftermarket support.

Thanks please forgive my questions im new and cant find the info I need. I want 250hp out of this car anyone achieve that?

Old 07-12-2009, 09:45 AM
Talking

OK>I understand your frustration with this. Here are my thoughts for what it's worth. It may or may not help you understand what's going on here. As an owner of an '05 C230K, I can tell you that the main reason (in my opinion again) a lot of tuner parts and aftermarket supercharger stuff is not available for this car, is because this car is not really thought of as something people would want to modify to that degree and the people who typically bought this car did not do so to go that route, so.....the demand for stuff for the supercharged 4cyl sedan is low. It's all supply and demand. No demand, no supply. Yes, certain parts will help you achieve your goal, which I think you can do. But consider this: The cost may or may not be worth it. You want to bump up the hp about 60 hp or so from stock. It's going to cost a LOT to get that gain on that car. As you might already know, exhaust is critical on a blown motor, so the more you can make it flow on the exhaust side, the better. Usually. I know from years of supercharging V8's that this is almost always true. The intake is taken care of by the blower. Cold air coming in will definitely help, but don't expect a ton of horsepower here. Just a little. The pulley will do the trick and you may have to go on an all-out expedition to find one, but it's out there. Reprogram and use the pulley with a complete exhaust system and you should be there. But, as I said, for 60hp, it's gonna be pricey. Real pricey. Consider if it's worth all that expense before you leap.