Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Mercedes Replacement Policy (Car failed 3 times)

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Default Mercedes Replacement Policy (Car failed 3 times)

Hey guys,

I have recently posted a thread about my car problems. Also, sometime back, on some site, I read that if Mercedes cannot fix a problem for 3 times when your car is under warranty, you get a new car from them in exchange of the current one.

Can anyone direct me to articles regarding this or maybe throw some more light on this issue?

My car is in for the 3rd time and I think its gonna fail again.

Here's the link to my previous thread.

https://mercedesforum.com/m_12764/tm.htm

Thnx
Terry

Old 03-02-2005, 11:10 AM
Default RE: Mercedes Replacement Policy (Car failed 3 times)

Check here.

Old 03-02-2005, 11:13 AM

I should add that the info applies to the USA only and is Federal law. I'm making an assumption you live in the USA. I doubt that MB has a policy of replacing a car after three attempts to repair the same problem. That wouldn't settle well with the bean counters.

Old 03-02-2005, 12:19 PM

I'm staying in London, UK. Any policies that would force MB to replace my car? I'm not really interested in getting a new car, but sending the car for recovery, taking the hire car, returning it and keeping a followup with the MB guys is getting to be a pain in my ***.

Thnx
Terry

Old 03-02-2005, 01:49 PM

I have no idea about the UK. You could call around, no? I'd call some government offices and maybe a couple of car dealers. A consumer protection-type of office in your government, if there is one.

Old 03-03-2005, 06:13 AM

Hi Guys
I am in USA. I has my brother-in-law has a new SLK 230 just bought from dealer and when the car had been shipped from California to Hawaii. The car started having problem with its transmission. It is lockedup at low speed. The car has been shipped back to the orginal dealer in california for repair but it is not succeeded. Finally, they replaced another new car and luckily they don't have another slk230 and I don't know how my brother-in-law complained, they replaces for him a slk320 which is a more expensive model at the same price. Based on this true story, I believe that there is no exact law to force the dealer to repalce a car for you. It all depends on your luck and how you deal with the place where you bought your car. I has my own story that my first car is 1993 190E. I bought brand new and when the car only has 15,000 mile in it, the transmission is not worked well. I came to dealer and complained about the defective and try to use some logic talks. They replaced a Brand New Transmission for Free (It is cost $5,000.00 US Dollars if purchase). May be I am lucky but I am sure there is no exact law to force the dealer to repalce another car for you. If they try not to do it, then you must has a way to talk to them. You can bring a journalist with a camera man try to make a scandal. I don't advise you an illigal way but how to use a good tongue is a personal skill.

Regards,
Joseph

Old 03-03-2005, 07:17 AM

There are lemon laws. They "force" manufacturers to replace defective cars if they can't be repaired within a specified period. These are Federal laws. Luck or "logic talks" have absolutely nothing to do with it. Nevertheless, I'm sure some dealers offer less resistance than others in complying with the laws.

Why would a journalist with a cameraman have any interest in your car problems? There is no "scandal" to report.

Old 03-03-2005, 08:40 AM

Hi My friend
I know there is a Lemon Law. But don't you know the word "defective" has million meaning. The way you explained is applied only for the obvious case where you can prove that your case can apply "Lemon Law". But my friend, what I mean "logic talk" you may not understand the deep meaning of it until you are in the case, Ok ? I am in the case, my relative in the case and the rich man who bring the camera man and the journalist to the dealer to cause a big scandal in southern california in the past few weeks is in the case and he made the whole community boy scott that dealer because they refuse to fix his S500. Finally, the dealer have to say sorry in TV. THAT IS CALLED YOUR VOICE, YOUR POWER OF UNITY. My story or experience may be meaningless to you since you are not in the case. Don't you know, people always run around the law. The way you say is just like a pedestrian walk across the street. He can walk at any speed he wants since he has right of way. What happens if suddenly, he has been hit by a crazy driver. So safety is better or follow the law blindly. Also the law won't works worldwide. Here, the story is in UK and I am living in Europe before I came to US at the age of 20. How do you think my point now. ? In UK I don't think they has Lemon Law like US so my explanation for people not living in US. Just a common experience which can apply anywhere: TALK IN THE RIGHT WAY TO CONVINCE THE LISTENER YOUR POINT. OF COURSE USE LOCAL LAW IF APPLICABLE BUT WHAT IF THERE IS NOT ??? ASK MEANS ANSWER.

Regards,
Joseph

Old 03-03-2005, 10:24 AM

Last time I checked, I don't know who you are. Therefore, I am not your friend.

Obviously, you're the one who doesn't understand. Maybe in the country you come from companies can skirt federal laws and "rich" people can pay journalists to broadcast their personal problems. It doesn't work that way in the USA. You think a dealer gave your brother-in-law a new car because he used deep "logic talk" on them? No. They did it because, by law, they had to to do it.

Like I said, sometimes a particular dealer may need some convincing before they comply with the lemon laws. It's a normal defensive reaction to resist, initially. It's a bad business decision to resist indefinitely. That's why they gave in.

You should read the applicable lemon laws. Maybe, then, your posts won't be so assinine.

Old 03-04-2005, 07:07 AM

Hi Sir
I am not considered to be your friend. I get into this forum to help people with the case I am involved in the past. I don't have time to argue and fighting with you Sir. I don't think you read carefully my story. The scandal happened between a buyer, saleman, journalist is in Southern California. OK more specific: The case happened at: Rusnak Mercedes Benz of Pasadena, Pasadena City, Southern California, USA. I don't think California has another name in another country. I provided these rare cases included my case to share with people. I don't need to share with you since you are so smart about law. If you know I am a LAW STUDENT and I have studied many rare cases then you will not open your mouth and teach me about law. I post my case in this forum to share with someone who has difficulty in their limited knowledge and I am an expert in Mercedes Benz and its trouble so I want to help people in this forum like Sir SLLEPWALKER. He is a great guy and excellent in technical help. I like to share with those people to learn more from them so I can take care my benz better. Here is not the Forum for Law School. I have been in Law School so if you want to fight with me about law, I am welcome you to my law forum. Here is the technical share forum. You are in the wrong place Sir. It seems that you are a rich guy since you has so many cars. Unfortunately, that the doesn't means you are an expert because after few emails with you, I already know your knowledge very well. You don't like my stories, please don't answer it. Thank You.
Regards,
Joseph

Quick Reply: Mercedes Replacement Policy (Car failed 3 times)