Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Mercedes BRAKE LIGHT wear Question?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Exclamation Mercedes BRAKE LIGHT wear Question?

I had a small garage mechanic put new brakes on my 2001 C320 about 3 years ago I bought Duralast Gold/Brake Pads - Rear from autozone and the brake light wear warning never went off. We went back and added the sensors and it still never went off nonetheless I drove it anyways. WEll.....its about that time again to get new brakes and probably rotors at least on the rear-end and I plan on taking it to a local little shop mechanic again to save some money. Should I get OEM brakes or certain sensors or certain rotors in order to turn off the brake light display? I have a lifetime warranty on the brakes with autozone but I would like the light to be turned off so should I go with brakes off a different website or do you think the light has been on for another reason? Shouldnt the light pop off once new brakes and sensors are put on? I know it needs new ones b/c at times I can hear a small grind esp when I take a sharp turn while braking.

My ESP light always comes on too and occasionally the BAS so I think a modulator is out and I hear it can be pretty pricey for a car thats quite frankly pretty old so I prob wont bother with it. Is this an issue?

Old 11-30-2011, 07:15 PM

yes if the sensors are replaced with New sensors,,the light should go out. im not sure about aftermarket sensors but sometimes the aftermarket brakes are missing the hole for the brake wear sensor to go into. or the sensors dont fit into the hole thats there. Ive been through this with aftermarket pads a few times in the past. if the brake wear light still doesnt go out then you could have something else going on.