Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Is it just me???

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Default Is it just me???

Seems that it is not all that easy to get answers on this forum; IE: 18 posts, 10 got responses, 8 went unanswered. That's close to 50% of the folks who post who get ignored. Being new and being told to simply search the archives does not make for a friendly forum, and being ignored is even less friendly. I'm sure that someone will feel obligated to scold me for not spending extensive time researching the archives, however, some of us just need a quick answer, not a referral to research or worse yet, being ignored.

Think about it...

Will

Old 02-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Is it just me???

Idon't think anyone's ignoring you.A large majority of people using theforums are everyday people who just need a quick answer. Then there are two groups of people who answer the majority's questions. There are theenthusiasts whohave timeand some experience, thenthere arethe veryfewwho are strongly inclined to be able to answer the questions like mechanics, wizards and DIY people. I don't think it would be enjoyable if people went thread after thread solving problems thus they browse around and if they see something interesting it gets a response. That's my theory. lol

Old 02-04-2008, 10:21 PM

Will....I notice this all the time. When I don't know the answer well enough to comment, I don't. When I see something that I know somebody might benefit from, I try to take a moment to reply. Some things on this forum have been addressed so many times, I sometimes am afraid I will offend the "regulars" by re-posting the whole thing. Only then will I refer somebody to the search option, and I do this to make it easier for them AND me, by not having to type the whole thing again. Make sense? I find this to be typical of many of the automotive sites. I am a Viper owner and club member as well. You don't DARE ask something that's been covered there!
Wow. Tough crowd! Lots of good people, but you get the picture. Also, the bickering and slamming on some of these sites is pretty bad, but I find the people who come here to be pretty nice about the whole thing. So, here I am. Ready to help when I can and also know when to keep my humble opinion to myself. Or not. Rest assured, if I think I know the answer, I'll post it and will continue to try to find a way to help others out.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Viperalley is a tough crowd, I've seen plenty of peoplebe publically called out in bashfests and bans.The VCA isn't so much though,it seemsmore moderated compared to the alley. Both are great sites!

Other than that I agree with you coyote, ifsomeone knows the answer or has an idea it'll get posted. Btw, search feature is in blue up where you login.