Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Info on SAM module

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Default Info on SAM module

I was wondering if anyone knew some specific information i was looking to get on the SAM module on the c-class. I wanted to know if when you replace the module, do you have any functions that work prior to having it re-flashed by the dealer. The car does nothing. When you put the key to the on position the only thing it does is it turns the cooling fan for the radiator on high, and the dash lights come one. Thats about it.

any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

Old 09-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Default RE: Info on SAM module

the SAM control unit controls many of the different features incuding wipers, headlamps, turn signals, fog lamps, horns, etc. it also monitors and sends infromation about a/c refrierant pressures and temp., coolant level, washer level, etc. it could be the fault your having but it could possilbly be the engine control unit. there is some coding required in the sam, but i do not think it is required for engine start-up.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:52 PM

there are usually many "SAM" modules in a MB....
what year is your car, and why do you think its a SAM ????

Old 09-28-2007, 04:11 PM

i have gotten pages and pages of wiring diagrams, and while going over it, all the functions that do not work lead me right to the SAM module. All wiring and everything going to the column is fine. Fuse box is powered up, no burnt fuses. I bought a $400 SAM module and put it in the car. When i did that the car would not start when i turn the key to the start position, but the dash lights all come on. Another thing it is doing with the new module is that it is powering up the cooling fan for the motor to the highest level. I feels like a shop fan at the front of this car when this thing is blowing. ( It sort of amazed me how much air this thing pushes). The other thing i never mentioned on my first post is that this car also had a blown compressor, and i have come to find out that i have to reset the computer to get the AC to work again with the new compressor. Also the ESP is disabled

Now my question is: When installing the new SAM module, in order for the functions that it controls to work, does it have to be flashed for the car, or not. Like i said, i put the module in and nothing worked. I dont want to have to pay a couple hundred dollars at the dealer to flash this module if its not gonna fix my problem.

And thankyou for the posts MasterBenzTech, and mbt36

Old 11-01-2007, 09:19 PM

So what was wrong with your car? How did you go about repairing it?
Please share.

Old 11-10-2007, 02:33 AM

there is differnet coding in the sams for different cars, if you still have your old sam,compare th fuselay out withthe new sam, theremight be missing a fuse which would cause the car not to start

Old 01-14-2018, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by kara.elias
i have gotten pages and pages of wiring diagrams, and while going over it, all the functions that do not work lead me right to the SAM module. All wiring and everything going to the column is fine. Fuse box is powered up, no burnt fuses. I bought a $400 SAM module and put it in the car. When i did that the car would not start when i turn the key to the start position, but the dash lights all come on. Another thing it is doing with the new module is that it is powering up the cooling fan for the motor to the highest level. I feels like a shop fan at the front of this car when this thing is blowing. ( It sort of amazed me how much air this thing pushes). The other thing i never mentioned on my first post is that this car also had a blown compressor, and i have come to find out that i have to reset the computer to get the AC to work again with the new compressor. Also the ESP is disabled

Now my question is: When installing the new SAM module, in order for the functions that it controls to work, does it have to be flashed for the car, or not. Like i said, i put the module in and nothing worked. I dont want to have to pay a couple hundred dollars at the dealer to flash this module if its not gonna fix my problem.

And thankyou for the posts MasterBenzTech, and mbt36
My car has the exact same symptoms from touching the power wire to the sam aluminum casing. Did you ever figure it out?

Old 02-09-2018, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by kara.elias
I was wondering if anyone knew some specific information i was looking to get on the SAM module on the c-class. I wanted to know if when you replace the module, do you have any functions that work prior to having it re-flashed by the dealer. The car does nothing. When you put the key to the on position the only thing it does is it turns the cooling fan for the radiator on high, and the dash lights come one. Thats about it.

any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou
I know this is an old post but just to help someone else out, when you turn the key and nothing happens but a very high engine fan outlet, that is A damaged ECU. There is a guy online through eBay you can send your ECU, he will clone your vehicle information onto a good used one with the same serial number and your car will start

Old 11-23-2019, 09:52 PM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Pierre Sutton

I know this is an old post but just to help someone else out, when you turn the key and nothing happens but a very high engine fan outlet, that is A damaged ECU. There is a guy online through eBay you can send your ECU, he will clone your vehicle information onto a good used one with the same serial number and your car will start
Hello Pierre,
Do you have contact information on the guy from eBay that program the ECU? I'm having the same exact issues.

Old 05-17-2021, 09:29 AM
Default Assistance

Originally Posted by MasterBenzTech
the SAM control unit controls many of the different features including wipers, headlamps, turn signals, fog lamps, horns, etc. it also monitors and sends information about a/c refrierant pressures and temp., coolant level, washer level, etc. it could be the fault your having but it could possilbly be the engine control unit. there is some coding required in the sam, but i do not think it is required for engine start-up.
I have similar problem after rain water got into the car ( 2008 Mercedes GL450 ) wipers, headlamps, turn signals, fog lamps & horns all doesn't function. But the engine runs & the a/c works with the fan running continuously. my question is which SAM should i consider replacing (rear / front )?

Last edited by Waningoes; 05-17-2021 at 09:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Info on SAM module