Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to install new ACC/Dual valve?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Default How to install new ACC/Dual valve?

Hi guys, I am about to order a new acc/ dual valve. I want to know if installing it is as easy as it looks? Do I just unscrew the old one, disconnect the tubes and insall the new one? I tried to unscrew the one on my car to check it out and coolant started to spray put. Was that just because the car was still hot from being driven? Also, somewhere I read that was changing the Dual Valve, that i will have to replenish the MB coolant. Is this correct? If I can get step by step directions in changing this valve, itll be appreciated.
Also, the valve usually runs for $200, but I found it for $120 at this site, but it isnt listed as a"dual pump"
can someone tell me if its the same part.http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pro...ontrol%20Valve Thanks

Old 01-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Default RE: How to install new ACC/Dual valve?

Hey and welcome to the forum. I'll try to help you out. Don't get discouraged if people don't respond to your posts in the future. The forum has some good information, but some of the users seem to have an attitude

You will probably also have a couple yell at you about using the search function. It's great, but only works if you type in the correct words needed to pull up the thread.

In reference to your question the dual valve you're looking at for $119.95 is the one you need. It is a simple procedure. Make sure you let the car sit overnight. As the car runs, pressure is built up in the system (plus it's hot!). You will need to add a little coolant when complete, but not several gallons or anything. When I did mine, I put a tray under the car to catch what coolant was lost, but it wasn't that much. You could also stuff an old towel down under it to absorb some of the coolant. It is a simple as connecting the wires and attaching the hoses. Just check your hose fittings for leaks afterward.

One thing that helped me was I used a couple of zip ties to hold the hoses up while I was doing the swap. As long as they're pointing up, you don't loose much coolant

Good luck - If you're like me, the more I work on a benz, the more I like them.

Old 01-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Default RE: How to install new ACC/Dual valve?

Thanks a lot Arkansascarnut