Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

HELP this gurl!! C class headlights change

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Red face HELP this gurl!! C class headlights change

hey gurls and guys..need help asap..ok i got a 2011 c class sport with NO lighting package..(no xenons) ok..i hate the way the headlights look(Color)
i want to change JUST the headlights..Can u just buy bulbs to change it to a white blueish..or do i really need a HID kit totally? be honest..i dont want to be tgaken for a ride..guys think they can take advantage of gurls cause they dont know sh8t about cars..but i do. people keep saying one thing or another..just want an HONEST..real answer from someone...I want the lights to look nice and not ugly yellowish..
just need help and the least expensive way to fix this ..but the most cost effective and what i am looking for..this is a 2 yr lease car so dont wanna dip to much extra cash into it..please post here or email me at jenny_levitt@yahoo.com..
thanks

Last edited by jennybenzgurl; 01-20-2011 at 06:20 PM. Reason: addded more
Old 01-20-2011, 08:54 PM

Install SilverStar bulbs - bright white, and actually light up the darkness better. They are about 20 bucks each, and if you smile real nice at the counter guys at the parts store, they'll probably replace them for you while you wait.

If you install those stupid fake xenon bulbs, you actually end up with less light.

Should have bought the xenon package................

Old 01-21-2011, 09:22 AM

umm duh--then u pay for it--it was expensive....so all i have to do is get those bulbs? what abiut what i asked you about a kit or just lightbulbs to change...do you understand what i am looking for?

Old 01-21-2011, 05:12 PM

you can get some improvement with just different bulbs. It will not be the same as the factory xenons though. See the link below for some bulbs that will give you whiter light (I have ordered from this place before). I have seen people say the SilverStars another post recommends are not good; they burn out very quickly. Check your manual to make sure you have H7 bulbs (I know the earlier C-class did but they may have changed - the website will have something no matter what bulb your car uses).

http://store.candlepower.com/h7bulbs.html

the factory bi-xenon lights cost a small fortune (over a grand). you can get cheaper versions on ebay (3-4 hundred bucks). You do not want to get the really cheap stuff because the light will not be focused and you may risk electrical fire or something. not worth it.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:14 PM

I have silverstars in my 97 202. They don't burn out at unusual intervals. I've had them since silverstars came out years ago.

None of the aftermarket reflectors work well with aftermarket xenons, and simply putting xenons in the existing assemblies will scatter the light.

So, you bought a 2011 C car, at what, 35k for a base car, and couldn't buy the proper lights for another grand? Brilliant. Well, not exactly, in more than one way.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:31 AM

they recommended the phillips extreme h7 xtp to swap out with my reg bulbs? what do you think of that?

Old 02-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Default HID kit

stop playing with those wack *** light bulbs. at 20 bucks a bulb you might as well go online (ebay,amazon) and buy a HID light kit for 45-65 bucks and call it a day. those silver lights suck. I have used them. they are barely whiter then the factory bulbs. its 20011 baby go HID.Then you will light up the road like crazy and your headlights will look really good and wont go out of date any time soon!

Old 02-07-2011, 09:35 AM

can you please tell me EXACTLY WHAT TO BUY FOR THE NEEDS IM TRYIN TO FUFIL.OR SEND ME LINKS WHERE AND WHAT TO GET AND HOW TO GET THEM INSTALLED..THANKS