Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with cigarette needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 05:46 AM
Default Help with cigarette needed

Hi there,

I am new to the site and have an annoying problem with my Mercedes C180 Kompressor Coupe. Nothing fitted to the lighter seems to work!
The lighter is situated in the centre console just in front of the gear stick.
I have checked the fuse and it has not blown, I have checked the negative continuity and that is correct. Power is flowing to the centre of the socket however nothing that is plugged into the socket works. Each device has been checked in my wife's Honda and the devices work fine they just don't want to work in the Mercedes.
The car seems to have been built around the lighter and I can see no way of getting it out to replace it.
Has anyone had the same problem, as at the moment I can not even use the pump supplied by Mercedes to inflate the spare.
Thank you for reading.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Talking

OK>here it is.....IF you are getting 12V to the center of the cigarette lighter with a tester, then the problem is that the plug that you are putting into that hole is not contacting the 12V center "terminal". I guarantee that's whats happening. Otherwise, everything you plug in there would work. Sometimes I've found on certain cars, you really need to shove in the plug and twist it at the same time to get it to go in far enough to make contact. I had this happen on several cars I worked on, and every time that was the problem.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:25 PM

Wow yet another problem with my car that's like someone elses problem. My cigarette lighter will also not work. The dealership said nothing was coming up on the computer and that everything was ok. I have moved things around in it and it still didn't make contact. Tomorrow they are going to take a look at it and see what is going on with it. If they give me an answer then I'll post it.

Maybe you should clean it with some alcohol and a q tip? Mine looked like someone might have spilled a drink in it.