Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front seat not moving with automatic controls

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Default front seat not moving with automatic controls

hi,

front seat facing the glove compartment is not getting operated by the automatic move control. I cannot move the chair to front..or to any direction. I recently had some battery issues becaz of which i installed a new battery. If i have to reset something as i recentlyinstalled the new battery.Any idea? suggestions.

Thanks,
Harry

Old 02-06-2008, 12:39 PM
Default RE: front seat not moving with automatic controls

I doubt you'd have to reset anything, especially if your other front seat moves (it does, right?). So if one seat moves, and the other doesn't, sounds like some electrical connection came disconnected. Maybe someone with the technical manual for the car can point you to where to look for a disconnection.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:52 PM

yes the driver seat works fine, its just the other seat thats causing the problem. When i push the controls i dont even hear any noise (of motor). i think it might be the fuse. any idea?

Old 02-06-2008, 03:25 PM

Hi, Is your car a C Class W03, if so I had the same problem on mine, it's probably the fuse in the rear fuse box. Go to the fuse box in the trunk, it's behind the first aid box panel on the T Model and in the fuse box you will see 2 - 30 amp fuses (Green) next to each other, one for each seat. Check them both I am sure one will be blown. Replace and test seat, ifthe fuseblows again as mine did then you have to take out the front seat, it's very easy. I can revert with details to remove seat if necessary. Other than that one of the plugs may have pulled out under the seat but I doubt this because they clip in fairly secure.
Regards
Colin

Old 02-06-2008, 03:36 PM

Hi Colin again, Re your electric front seat, If your car is a C Class W203 then I am sure there is a fuse box in the trunk on the sedan, mine is aT wagon and the fuses for the frontseats are in the rear fuse box. In any event one of the fuse boxes will have fuses for each seat and if one seat is working then it's a pretty good guess a fuse is blown.
Regards Colin

Old 03-21-2022, 01:21 PM

I want to know why my front seat not moving with automatic controls and thanks to you all for helping me out by giving me useful suggestions. By the way, do you guys know that nowadays you can easily write an essay by taking help from https://writinguniverse.com/free-ess.../spirituality/ here. I have found that website on google search because I was searching for a site online in which I can find free essay samples.

Last edited by JohnBeaty; 03-24-2022 at 11:23 AM.