Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Front Non Driving Side window problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Default Front Non Driving Side window problem

Mercedes C240 , 2002 Year , 50000 Miles

Hi ,

I have had this problem from long time now. But earlier it used to happen 1 in thousand times. But now it is otherway round.

The front non driving side windows goes down , but does not come up. I tried using the the switch on driver door and switchon non driving door .. but still it does not work. Then I tried to bring up windows using the car keys by pressing down the lock button for some timem, all other windows close but this one does not. ThenI tried switching on the air conditioner and holding the inner circulation button to close all windows ... still no use.. Then I kept pressing the button atleast about 500 times and it worked once.

Thishappened with metwo three timesearlier also, but after repeated tries to close the windowfixed the problem for few months. but now every time window goes down, it refuses to come up.

Please help. I want to know is the motor or the regulator problem ? How will I know which one is problematic. How do I open the door panel of front side ? CanI open it myself ? The front door also has an air bag ... is it tricky to open .. I dont want to spend lot of $$$ on the car by taking it to a dealer. I want to sell this car soon. So someone please help ... any pictures of manual to fix it would be usefull

thanks a lot in advance

Another thing I wanted to add that when I press the button to close the window , it makes the clicking sound. Tic Tic as if the motor is trying to close it. If I have the headlights on, the light also dims a bit as if the current is being used to move the motor. I want to know is the motor or the regulator problem ? What should I but to fix it

Old 09-07-2009, 08:43 AM

I have exactly the same problem on 2003 SL500.

when attempts to operate the perminatly closed window i can hear 3 ticks, sounds to me like it has a thermister overload for the motor.

i have the door card off and tested the switch and terminal blocks and all seems fine.

i also require some guidance on how to rectify this problem.....

i think it maybe a suspect motor but i do not want to replace all sorts of components without clarification as it to being the problem.

many thanks