Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Extended Warranty Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 01:33 AM
Default Extended Warranty Question

I have a c320 it's a 2002 my factory warranty runs out in Nov of this year I only have 20.000 miles and was wondering how to go about getting a new warranty where to go and how much
to spend anyone have any ideas whats the best deal I can get. Or how to go about
getting a extended warranty at the dealer without getting ripped off. what to ask etc.

thanks in advance

Old 04-22-2006, 01:56 AM
Default RE: Extended Warranty Question

I always buy an extended warranty when i buy a newer used car. I have had to use them on my prior Honda and now i have to use it on my c230 transmission. THe key to an extended warranty is to buy it befor the other runs out and to READ AND UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING:
1: do they cover rental car and how much and how long?
2: Do they replace with NEW FACTORY PARTS or like or refurbished parts
3: Do they cover subsequential damaged (something damaged due to another paret failing even if that part is covered)
4: Where do you have to take the vehicle (back to purchasing location if within a certain amount of mileage or anywhere you want)
4b: If you take to another place do they cover all costs or is labor/parts at specific rates with any overages beign your responsibilty.
5: If you sell the vehicle or trade in (no longer own it) do they refund any extra warranty remaining or is it transferable?

There are som many loopholes and specific details within the contracts that the company will always try to exercise so they will not have spend any money. I find it is best not to cheap out on a warranty plan, spend the extra money drop the deducable and get the best coverage possible. The last two cars I have have to use them and have learned alot about the tactics of the companies, which exactly that tactics. I purchased an AUL extended warranty for my mercedes and am in the middle of warranty claim right now. I have choosen to have a zero deductable on purpose so even if I think the car studdard even just a little I can get it checked if I want. AUL allows to me take my vehicle to any licensed business to have the work done but they are trying to intmidate me out of having my transmission checked (if the problem is not a warranty I will have to pay for the tear down and repair of my transmission)

Good luck and I hope my experience saves someone some time, headaches, and money