Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine check and gear shifting problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2022, 04:26 PM
Default Engine check and gear shifting problems

Hi,

i purchased a w204 of year 2013 last January and have started having issues the day after…. I have these 2 issues that i need help on:
- Engine check light is on with error code P0299 (Turbo boost 1) ( i replaced the battery since it was 5 years old, and took it to 3 different mb mechanics but still the same issue) - When switching the engine light off, it could either switch on after a few km or else it could switch on even after say 50km, I was told that it could be an air leak but it doesn't make much sense because if it was an air leak it would switch off immediately. A mechanic also replaced the solenoid valve just below the engine cover, it became a bit better but still switched on, we also dismantled the Mass Air flow sensor and cleaned it as it was full of dust, again it helped a bit but i am still stuck with the same problem.
- i have gear shifting kicks when the engine is still cold, when the engine temp meter is over half way, it is much better. Apart from that sometimes the car does not move when on D or R or moves really slow, i put it to N and put it to D again and it moves normally. - the majority of the time that this plays up is when the car has the check engine light on, when it is not on it just gives a few kicks when gear shifting, lately a mechanic also added 1 litre of oil in the gear box and it became almost perfect when the engine check light was off, but it became horrible again when the engine check light turned on with the P0299 fault.

Any suggestions on these two issues pls as i am paying mechanics for nothing as i am still having the same issues.

My car has only 65,000km so it is only a little, also we noticed that the oil coolant of both the engine and the gearbox were replaced by the previous owner. Any help will be appreciated.

Car Details:
Mercedes Benz W204 C220 CDI
NEDC 131
Registration Date: 12/2013
Mileage: 65,000 KM

Regards,
Matt