Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cupholder compartment cover won't stay closed

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 04:21 PM
JJR
Default Cupholder compartment cover won't stay closed

I did numerous searches for a fix, but could only find this post from the MB club in the UK: https://forums.mbclub.co.uk/threads/...closed.272194/

The only posts in that thread specifically for the W205 don't say how the cover was removed.

Can anyone help?

Old 01-13-2022, 03:25 PM

Hello all I've had a veil put away in the cupholder region in my W205 C63. It stalled out on something at the end of the week and when I got it free, this part dropped out and presently the cover won't remain shut. I speculate that this is the longest of remote chances, yet does anybody have an outline of the parts being referred to so I can perceive how to return it? It's making me insane!!

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox

Last edited by Rellyoi; 01-15-2022 at 03:15 AM.
Old 04-15-2022, 06:40 PM
JJR
Default Cupholder lid won't stay closed

I just posted the following update on the UK forum. Use this link to see the references: https://forums.mbclub.co.uk/threads/....272194/page-2 . Update: I removed the entire console because I couldn't figure out how to expose the surface shown in ET0609's photo of 3/17/21. I was also confused by the video posted on 4/6/21 by vijilants, until I realized it was for an E Class (see my other reply to this). I then removed the cupholder/storage housing from the console (which would have been necessary anyway if any of the plastic retainers holding the pin were broken - including the one that the pin locks/unlocks into. I then found that the lid had a hole in the rear where the pin would have protruded, and that the facia (top) of the lid is removeable. It slides toward the front but not easily, especially if it's being removed for the 1st time. After I got the top off, I took these 2 photos to show how the parts of the lid are connected. The two round lugs (1) on the bottom of the facia (top edge is forward on both photos) snap into the plastic retainers on the top of the lid (1). There are also 4 rectangular lugs along the top of the facia (2) and 2 more in the center (3), all of which snap into recesses in the lid (2,3)., which make it even harder to slide the top off. (Other posts to the contrary, the cigarette lighter did not have to be removed.) The pin shown in the photo is one I was making when I couldn't find the original. It does not yet have the 90 deg. bend on the bottom to fit into the hole. Fortunately, I hadn't yet replaced the facia when I brought the console out to the car, because the original pin was in my driveway!

Attachments

• Facia,bottom.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

• Lid, top.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0