Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cranks only but will not start.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Default Cranks only but will not start.

Hello there,

First time Forum user here..... Any advise I can get is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I having problem with my 1991 300CE.... I took it for a smog check running just fine. when i return to pick up the car, the technician at the smog shop told me that it wont start anymore after doing their smog check. I was very upset about it and raised hell asking what they have done. Anyway, make long story short the tech look at it and said that there is no spark on the plugs. Is it easy for myself to verify this. And if that is the case (No Spark) what can I do fis the problem.

I was informed (not by the tech at smog place) that it is likely a crank position sensor problem. Do you think that this is the first thing I should check? Where can I find these crank position sensor.

Also additional info on this is that I replaced the spark plugs a week before taking to the smog place, and it was running great. Do you think it's possible it has something to do with the problem?

Really desperate with the situation, and really appreciate your advise.. Thanks a lot for your help.....

lilcoolaidman

Old 02-21-2009, 10:23 AM

When was the last time you changed your wires? You might need to replace tehm as well!

Old 03-11-2009, 08:49 PM

Change the wires and still will not start. Is it possible problem is crank position sensor? does anyone know where I find this part? Thanks, any info is much appreciated.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Smile

if there is no spark try coils/ condensers i dont thik it could be a sensour problem could be wrong but it shouldent stop it from sparking just run like crap is there fuel. is it energising when ignition is on is the fuel pump working may reasons why car wont start but it sounds like an ignition problem could have a faulty plug is the car trying to start but wont kick over sorry i cannot be more spacific but there is a lot of reasons for no spark could the technition of turned the co2 screw in to much and starved the carbs of fuel