Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code P0410 on C230 (2002, Kompressor, 2.3L)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Thumbs up P0410 Troubleshooting guide

Hello, could you send send me this document? I am having the same problem.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:57 AM

DWIGHT,
What is your e-mail address? Where to send to?

Old 11-26-2011, 07:13 PM
Old 11-26-2011, 10:09 PM

Hello, my problem continues and today I discovered a broken air intake hose see photo. This prevented the hose along the side from being connected. It broke right were this hose joins in.

I have read much about the P0410 code, but on a 2002 Coupe can you tell me if this engine has the secondary air injection pump?
I thought this was handled by the supercharger during startup on this year engine.

I am still trying to solve the problem and will repair the hose and go from there. Send your troubleshooting guide and I will appreciate it. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Code P0410 on C230 (2002, Kompressor, 2.3L)-c230.jpg  
Old 11-27-2011, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by DWIGHT
Hello, my problem continues and today I discovered a broken air intake hose see photo. This prevented the hose along the side from being connected. It broke right were this hose joins in.

I have read much about the P0410 code, but on a 2002 Coupe can you tell me if this engine has the secondary air injection pump?
I thought this was handled by the supercharger during startup on this year engine.

I am still trying to solve the problem and will repair the hose and go from there. Send your troubleshooting guide and I will appreciate it. Thanks
DWIGHT,
My car has exactly the same engine as yours (M111).
The broken piece on your photo does not belong to the secondary air injection system. I think, this hose is for gases ventivation and re-cycling (from the top of the engine). So, see my file I sent you for directions.

Our engines are not equipped with separate secondary air injection pump. The compressor is used for this purpose. (again: see the file).

Old 12-04-2011, 09:33 AM

Hello, The broken hose was replaced, and the throttlebody cleaned. After the check engine light was cleared, it has been working ok, however, at startup it is not making the familar loud noise (Likely the Supercharger) which I have come to recognize as normal. Without this, I am certain there is still something else wrong. I believe this noise, only occurs at startup on a cold engine. Driving and performance is excellent however, and I will continue to work on this following the guide provided. I think it just a matter of time before the check engine light comes on again. If you have any further suggestions please submit, I appreciate the input.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by DWIGHT
Hello, The broken hose was replaced, and the throttlebody cleaned. After the check engine light was cleared, it has been working ok, however, at startup it is not making the familar loud noise (Likely the Supercharger) which I have come to recognize as normal. Without this, I am certain there is still something else wrong. I believe this noise, only occurs at startup on a cold engine. Driving and performance is excellent however, and I will continue to work on this following the guide provided. I think it just a matter of time before the check engine light comes on again. If you have any further suggestions please submit, I appreciate the input.
As I previously noticed, the hose you replaced does not belong to the secondary A.I.R. system. As such, it should not affect code P0410. Normally, if the problem is not resolved, this code will be thrown again after 2 engine's cold starts.
Did you check your secondary A.I.R. system as per directions in the file? Did you find anything? Are all units in the secondary A.I.R.' chain work well?

Old 12-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Unhappy follow up

Hi, no, I have not gotten that checked yet. That is the next step, just got hit with a real cold snap and it set me back a bit. Thanks though, I will report results when I get them.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Red face Follow Up

Hello, I know that it has been a while, but I finally received a small part (The Relay for the secondary air injector). When I went to replace it, I discovered that the original part was missing. I think my repair mechanic is pulling some funny business with me. Anyway, I had received a diagram from the dealer and when I when to install the new part, I discovered that the original part was missing. I installed the relay and am now trying the car with this installed. It is the purple colored relay found in the fuse box under the hood near the firewall. Do you have this relay? The relay is in the box nearest the firewall. As many as four others are found down lower and they are yellow or grey. I am hoping that the error code will clear with this relay installed. The car sure does start smoother when cold with this new relay in place. Do you think if I go to AutoZone they could clear the code again? Or will it clear itself if this is a correct solution. Thanks for your reply.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:18 AM

Hey DWIGHT,
I did not change, add or replace ANY relay(s) in my car in regards to P0410 error code!!!
Instead of buying and changing anything that other people suggesting you, use the instructions and identify the failing unit first. YOURSELF.

Quick Reply: Code P0410 on C230 (2002, Kompressor, 2.3L)