Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cigarette lighter....

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 01:39 PM
Default cigarette lighter....

Hello
My problem is even worse I own 02 C230 kompressor and my spare tire is depend on the air compressor I have in the trunk. One time when I got flat tire I connect the small compressor in to my lighter and was working for like 5-10 min trying to fill the spare tire after that time jus blow the fuse. I replace the fuse with the new one and same thing happen, now my lighter is useless. Every time I try to connect something in to it same story happens. Is there anything I can do to fix the problem?

Thanks

Old 02-03-2006, 05:30 PM
Default RE: cigarette lighter....

Yes, you have a short someplace. Probably in the cigar lighter circuit. The compressor also could have a short and "feedback" the current to the lighter shorting that out also. Check the fuse box, on my 99 C280 it is under the hood driver side. You can unscrew the top of the use box and check the wires. You will need at least a test light a OHM/Volt meter would be better. Test the compressor on another 12 volt source. Is your battery in the tunk? If so, on my car in front of the fuse box there is a black box unsnap the cover and there are leads from the battery under the cover. Get two jumpers and ground one to the body and the other to one of the post and then to the lighter connector on the pump, see if it works or blows one of the main fuses, or if you have a spar 12 battery use that instead. Getting back to the lighter, if you don't want to go to all the trouble of getting it apart, get the tyhe equipment descripted above. I bet the compressor is bad. Did you try plugging it into some other car's lighter socket and see what happens?