Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Chrome Tips on my C280

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 08:35 PM
Default RE: Chrome Tips on my C280

You've misunderstood. The Supreme Court ruling you referred to doesn't apply to what I said.

If the owner of this site doesn't like what you say, the owner can ban you from the forum. Heck, the owner can ban you for no reason whatsoever. There's nothing you or the Supreme Court can do about it, either.

The same would apply in your house, which is private property. If someone is in your house and saying something that you don't like, you have the right to stifle that person's speech by removing them from your house. There's nothing the Supreme Court can do here either, unless you assault that person.

On the other hand, you may not stifle in any way a person's right to babble in a public place, unless that person is yelling "FIRE!" in a theater. Authorities can legally "harass" such persons by requiring permits, limiting public land usage, making time restraints, etc., but they can't in the end stifle the babbling.

Old 09-19-2005, 09:18 AM

I read the the supreme court decision and yes what you say in the first paragraph is part of the decision, however, it also went into first amemdment right on these forums and as you say a person can babble, as long as it it not libel, harrassment or threats. And you are also correct Public authority can harass you as long and howeve they wnat if they believe you have committed a crime.

I have found out with this divorce crap, my wife is an adultress, which is a felony in this state, however in divorce, it means nothig. As there are 6 specific divorce actions, and of course the standard irreversible difference or whatever the term is. Mass is suppposed to have the fairest divorce laws in the US. Yet I have offered to buy out my wife's share of the house, but because my car is paid for, I will have to give her the value of the car, say $12K, because it is paid for. I am the registered owner of her car, as she has not credit rating for a loan of the amount we financed so the loan is in both our names. She has been making he payments every month. But I will also have to make them now. I thought about not letting her use the car, as the bailor or owner of the car I have the right who drives my car, she has been in one bad accident she was at fault and there was property damage and personal injury, which she didn't tell me about at first, as she used her ususally excuse, I was afraid to tell you, as you might get made. I said, that is stupid personal injury is serious and I should ahve been told right away. Away now I will have to pay the $400 surcharge for the next 5 years, it is a decreasing scale, but still now that the petitions have been filed I have to pay. I am going to try and get her to buy the car, from me for the amount left on the loan, $15K more or less, that would take me off the hook. Our legal system is screwed up, in men and women civil actions, not mattter how bad the women was or is the man pays.

Old 09-19-2005, 09:42 AM

god you 2 can argue about anything

Old 09-19-2005, 09:46 AM

Wwe don't argue we banter, lugnut knows his stuff, and for a guy from GA, he is very intellignet!

Old 09-19-2005, 10:24 AM

I'm not actually from GA. I've lived here for three years now. I still melt when a cute waitress calls me honey or darlin'.

The rest of what you said is true. Argh argh.

Old 09-19-2005, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

allan, i've noticed that you're having a lot of typing errors lately. unlike before.

don't drink too much coffee.

Old 09-19-2005, 11:45 AM

It's those slow nights, ya know? I always gravitate towards people willing to debate any topic at the drop of a hat... and not just here. It sharpens you. Who wants "yes" people around all the time? That's no fun.

Old 09-19-2005, 11:31 PM

Allan, does the little leaf come with the tips?
What polish do U use?