Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chirping sound in dash!!!!!Help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Default Chirping sound in dash!!!!!Help!!!!!

I just bought a used 2007 C230 with a little over 3000 miles and I started hearing what I would describe as a chirping noise coming from the dash when I hit small bumps in the road. It's driving me nuts. I haven't gone to the dealeryet and am wondering if anyone else has had this problem so I can give the dealer a hint of what it might be. Is anyone else experiencing any unusual squeaks or chirps in your newer C Class?

Mike

Old 02-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Default RE: Chirping sound in dash!!!!!Help!!!!!

did the first owner own a bird he lost?

Old 02-11-2007, 06:19 PM

Don't wanna push it but have you tried putting on your seatbelt?

Maybe that might not be the problem but hey..

Old 02-18-2007, 03:05 PM

I have a 05" and i also hear some squeaks coming from my dash when i am on rough surface roads or hit little bumps. I think its coming form the center of my dash mybehind the rear a/c vents. I have not taken it to the Dealer yet but i will bring it up on my next maintnence. ill keep you posted on what they find....

Old 02-19-2007, 04:20 PM

I had a discovery it was only a year old but i went off my head looking for a stupin churp under the dash. I only found it by removing the under dash my mate sat upside down in the seat whilst i went round every left hand bend to find it. We spent about 2 days on and off trying to look for it, we sorted it in the end I sold it. Joking aside it was a metal bracket in the footwell of the pasenger side that held some releys in place. When we moved it ther was no sound but when we went over a bump it chirped like a bird. I bent the bracket and with a little silicone expending foam it did the trick ..... then I sold it.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:07 PM

Yes; a chirping bird. Maybe a finch

Old 02-19-2007, 09:24 PM

maybe a mockingbird, they are really annoying.

Old 02-26-2007, 12:57 AM

I had car in once that had a noise that sounds just like a bird in the dash. i chased the noise for two days. i took most of the dash apart with no success. then i found it coming from a plastic bracket that hold a wiring harnness rubbing against the firewall in the engine comaprtment. first i lubed it just to see if the noise would go away, and it did. so what I did was clip it off. that was it just a little piece of plastic after two days of mind flipping noise. good thing the car had warranty because it saved the owner alot of money.I dont know if this is the same situation you have. good luck

Old 02-27-2007, 07:14 PM

I have that same sound coming from mine occassionally and I really only notice it if the radio is completely off. It seems like the popular theme is the wiring harness bracket in the footwell. That's some serious acoustics for the noise to phantom itself to the dash. I think I'll pull up my carpet and kick panel and fix that little mocking bird or finch or blue falcon or whatever it is in there.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:56 AM

Hey guys. I am getting a creak-type sound coming from the material that's around the instrument cluster. I get the same creak noise if I simply press down on the cheap plastic dash material. I took the car to the dealer, but they claimed that they were not able to reproduce the noise. They said the noise the material makes when you press on it seems to be normal since another C230 did the same exact thing. Anyone else getting these dash noises around the instrument cluster when driving over rough roads? Seems to be temperature sensitive since on some days it makes more noise. Anyone with any advice if there is a way to minimize the noise? It's driving me crazy! I tried adjusting the steering wheel but that had no effect. Please let me know if you guys have any suggestions. Thank you!

mhajii210

Quick Reply: Chirping sound in dash!!!!!Help!!!!!