Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Changing battery gives SRS error??!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Default Changing battery gives SRS error??!!

I have a 2003 C240 and I just had AAA change my battery. Now I have my SRS light on and the console says "SRS RESTRAINT Visit Factory."

Are these two related and how can I fix this?

Regards,
SteveL

Old 04-22-2006, 04:56 PM
Default RE: Changing battery gives SRS error??!!

"SRS RESTRAINT Visit Factory."
Germany is a fer piece to go for a service visit.

I know nothing about your specific problem, HOWEVER, if you haven't done it yet, I'd disconnect the wire from the neg. battery terminal for 30 mins. After you reconnect, you'll need your radio code and know how to reboot the automatic windows (that info is in the manual and your deal knows your radio code if you don't have it.) Who knows, but that may solve your problem.

Old 04-22-2006, 05:38 PM

Friend, I Already had the same problem that you told, in my case there was an overload in the system when changing the battery and the system registered as mistake in the sistem of SRS due to sensibility of the same. Then I went to the concessionaire where with the computer they turned off that mistake.

It is simple.

Old 04-22-2006, 09:02 PM

ORIGINAL: grandwazoo

I went to the concessionaire where with the computer they turned off that mistake.

It is simple.

Wow! What a mouthful. Here in the US, I call that person "a mechanic at the dealership" or simply "a hobo that gets paid $10/hr at Benz dealer to further your problems."

Old 04-22-2006, 09:09 PM

FLY can you please tell me where I can find oil filter on 2000 S430 we are trying to change the oil right now thanks for any help

Old 04-22-2006, 11:49 PM

Yes, I have an issue with the auto window feature not working either since the battery change. It used to be one-touch, now I have to hold the switch the whole time to guide the window up to the top.

Thanks for the tips!

Old 05-31-2006, 01:48 AM

You tell the computer where the stop is.

In order to do that --

YOU BRING THE WINDOW DOWN, HALF WAY OR ALL THE WAY, DOES NOT MATTER.
THEN PRESS THE SWITCH TO WIND WINDOW UP.
KEEP HOLDING EVEN AFTER WINDOW STOPS.
LET GO OF THE SWITCH when YOU HEAR "CLICK" CLEARLY.
DONE.

You need to do this on every window switch.

Old 05-31-2006, 02:14 AM

a hobo that gets paid $10/hr at Benz dealer to further your problems."
its funny how some people become so confident in the the little knowledge they have about these vehicles that they think they know more than any mercedes tech out there because they can answer a few simple questions on a forum. and "further your problems" i get vehicles from body shops, independent shops, and regular cust everyday because they cant figure out what wrong with there car. now the dealership is the last resort im not allowed to say sorry i cant figure it out take it to someone else. and when people have the attitude and animosity toward techs like u are displaying it makes it hard to actually want to help you out since there is no initial respect and appriciation anyway. and i make well over twice that figure. the dealership isnt just a jiffy lube, there are actually people with years of schooling and experience, that work on all of the problems discussed in this forum, everyday. so how bout a little respect for the benz tech, these arent hondas, it takes more than just an sable body to work on these cars.

Old 05-31-2006, 02:20 AM

TOUCHY!

btw rmf, if u work at a MB shop and u r a good tech, i will indeed bring my car to you. just that i am sick and tired of those hobos who further the problems.

Old 05-31-2006, 02:26 AM

i will say there are people at dealerships like that. i just take it personally because its a stereotypical misconception about all techs period. i love helping people with there cars and this site is great. sorry if i came off a little strong

Quick Reply: Changing battery gives SRS error??!!