Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cd player/changer

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Default cd player/changer

Hi all,

I just bought a 2000 c230 kompressor with no cd player/changer whatsoever. I am wondering if there is a good in dash cd player (original mercedes part or not) that can play mp3 and allow me to plug in my iPod...???

...and yes, I did search the forum, but did not find anything that could help me out with this.

Thanks,

Dino

Old 12-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Default RE: cd player/changer

Go to crutchfield.com, you can put in what car you have and they will show you what fits. I just got a Blaupunkt that looks like it fits with the interior. They also have CD changers if your stock radio is compatible. My radio even came with the tool to remove the old radio and a plug. I will try to install it tomorrow, I hope it goes well because I don't have the code to my stock radio.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:27 AM

Rex.

I've bought both my 2000 C230 KompressorSport and my 1997 E300 Diesel used and I've replaced batteries and such and didnt know the code. AllI had to do is give my MB dealer a call and explain that I bought my cars used and dont know the code, and they will ask you for the VIN # and they willgive you the code.

Josh *KOMPRESSOR 230*

Old 12-28-2006, 01:07 PM

thanks guys but i didnt find in this site a MB CD changercable that fit my C230 Kompressor 99 ....PLZ help i have the CD changer buti cant find the cable that fit my radio in C230 kom 99 its also MB product HELP

Old 12-28-2006, 01:43 PM

Did you look in the trunk on the passenger side against the right wall of the trunk?

Old 12-28-2006, 02:45 PM

yeah theres nothing , i need the cable ...

Old 12-28-2006, 04:59 PM

ok let tell u what i found , about a two orangewires, covered with ablackrectangular cap, and by it self cover by a green cap which can be remove to see two small lamp one white and the other red.....if and only ifim rightin what i found, so how to plug it into my CD changer because the CD changer has like 9 pin so help guys to plug and if i need an extension tell me plz

Old 12-28-2006, 07:29 PM

Thanks Snowy, I will have to call the dealer because my new radio install is not going well and now I need the code to get back where I started.

Old 12-30-2006, 11:22 PM

ORIGINAL: snowy

ok let tell u what i found , about a two orangewires, covered with ablackrectangular cap, and by it self cover by a green cap which can be remove to see two small lamp one white and the other red.....if and only ifim rightin what i found, so how to plug it into my CD changer because the CD changer has like 9 pin so help guys to plug and if i need an extension tell me plz
Snowy, it sounds like you got the wrong changer. Sounds like a non fiber-optic model. What model did you get? Your car has the older fiber-optic cabling. Any Mercedes fiber-optic CD changer you get will have one fiber-optic connector, and one 3-pin power connector. Make sure you don't get one of the newer MB fiber-optic changers (2005+) because they changed the bus type and it won't work with your older car either. You need a MB fiber-optic changer from 98-2004.

I suggest you just replace the original radio too and then you can use whatever aftermarket stuff you want but you'll have to run wiring. The quality will be better than what Mercedes offers though.

Old 12-31-2006, 08:37 PM

yeah jeff seems you are right i got the old changer, but the fiber optic cable is the right one i check it , and my C230 1999 so i have to buy the new changer, but here where i live i cant found a fiber opticCD changer for MB radio made by 'Becker' so if any one can help me plz dnt hesitate i need your help guys....

Quick Reply: cd player/changer