Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Can't start my 2001 C320 (Battery is ok)

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Default Can't start my 2001 C320 (Battery is ok)

I have been having nightmares for the last few months with m 5+yeatr old Mercedez C320 ( IT IS SO FREAKY THAT ALL THESE HAPPENED SHORTLY AFTER THE 5-Year Warranty was EXPIRED)....At the begining, the engine would not start no matter how much I cranked the key....I went out and bought a new battery thinking the old one was pretty much reached the end of its 5 year lifespan...a month or so later, exact same thing happened with the newly installed battery. This time I had AAA to jump start my car and I took it to dealership. They could not find any probelm with the car . (BTW AAA did run a test on both of the new and old batteries, both appeared to be in good condidtion) A week after I got my car back from the dealership, same thing happened to me...this time I spent time on the internet and took people advices to unhook the power socket to the car seat ( to aviod battery leakage) . Everything worked fine for about another month...now I could not even turn my key without jump start the car.
What puzzle me is that it appears there is still juice in the battery because I could turn on the headlight in full in before I go to work and after I come back from work, while the car was sitting idle in the garage all day. Does anyone has any idea what is wrong wth my car now? IS it alternator or starter?

It appears that the dealership has no intention to help me to resolve the problem..Iwant to find a way fix it permanently without goint to the horrible dearship again.

Thanks!!!!!
Rudolph